wedi/cement board transition to plaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am doing a bathroom Reno; doing the preparation myself but will be getting someone in to do tiling and plastering.

I am planning to use cement backer (wedi or similar) around a wet shower area, with a glass screen. The wall there is plastered, flat and in reasonable condition, so 6mm board attached with tile adhesive as-per manufacturers specification.

We want the tiling to stop just past the screen, and instead just be a plastered wall.

Is it better to use 6mm board all across the wall, and just plaster on top of the wedi? If so, should the wall tiles be put on first (with an edging strip), or else how to delineate where he'll need to plaster up to?

Alternatively I could use 12.5mm wedi and join it to plasterboard over the existing wall attached with grip fill. I'm not sure that saves terribly much money as the thicker backer boards are more £ even though plasterboard is cheap.

What's the best route ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back