Weed/Grass/Plant barrier under fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm not far from putting up a new fence (individual slats) and this will be very close or on the existing grass.

I will be putting wooden (gravel) board and the fence on top. The problem I think I may have is grass/weeds/plants growing underneath or behind the fence. Is there anything I can put behind as a sure way to barrier against this? I've used normal fabric barrier stuff before but never particularly impressed, and I'm worried plastic membrane may cause water build up.

Any suggestions for anyone who may have done this please?

See my rubbish image, the black bit is where i think I may need to place barrier?

fence_barrier.png

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A bit of grass won't hurt the fence, and if it needs tidied up just run a strimmer along it once or twice a month

A bit of grass won't hurt the fence, and if it needs tidied up just run a strimmer along it once or twice a month

I know it won't hurt it but it looks rubbish if weeds/plants etc come through the boards, I want to reduce it happening. I've got about 60 fence panels to do so ideally want it as fool proof as possible so I don't have to spend hours tidying it up as much.

Sponsored Links
Leave the boards 3" from the ground to provide access for hedgehogs plus they won't go rotten at the bottom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back