Weed Solution for Weeds between House Walls and Tarmac Drive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I try to avoid weed killer but it's literally impossible to effectively stop weeds growing between my tarmac drive and house wall or slabs and house wall. They simply break off partway down the stem so the roots and remaining stem remain when I try to pull them up. I wondered if anyone had used any products to good effect if if so which?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Vinegar is best for this, just squirt on the cheapest vinegar you can find, but you have to do it on a dry day, ie when the weeds will want to take in water. The vinegar i get (tesco value) also has the squirty type opening, so easy to direct. I dont even pull the weeds out, but i do do the job before they get massive, and it also needs to be done throughout the year, but literally takes minutes, so no big deal. Does smell a bit though!

Sponsored Links
Hi all

I try to avoid weed killer but it's literally impossible to effectively stop weeds growing between my tarmac drive and house wall or slabs and house wall. They simply break off partway down the stem so the roots and remaining stem remain when I try to pull them up. I wondered if anyone had used any products to good effect if if so which?

Cheers
Let them grow then use gallop 360 - commercial strength glyphosate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back