Weep holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi have seen loads of diagrams on line,but is it essential to have weep holes below coping stones,on a cavity wall to meet building regs.

The construction is block work 300mm to be rendered.

Sponsored Links
This is the detail I have seen,just wondering if below the coping stones is correctly closed and sealed are weep holes necessary.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200916_181332_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200916_181332_com.android.chrome.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 205
Sponsored Links
Its not required by B regs, although most details show it as good practice.

Part C

"5.12 Any external cavity wall will meet the requirement if the outer leaf is separated from the inner leaf by a drained air space, or in any other way which will prevent precipitation from being carried to the inner leaf."

:rolleyes:

That's cleared that up then ☺️

There are many types of cavity trays pre formed,Aso ones that are formed DIY, would this be using visqueen or the 600mm dpc you buy on rolls.

From my earlier image,what would you recommend ??

I have a load of visqueen left from concrete slab.

Thanks in advance

Sorry,just uploaded two images,for better understanding lol..which would be more suited..

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200917_200744_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_20200917_200744_com.android.chrome.png
    112 KB · Views: 175
  • Screenshot_20200917_200729_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_20200917_200729_com.android.chrome.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 174
The description states not suitable for unsupported across cavity walls ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200917_202334_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_20200917_202334_com.android.chrome.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 164
It's better quality than the other 2. It has been used for trays in the past without problems, but it's not as good as the proper cavity trays.

Thanks,so just bed in and bring down a block on external leaf,bringing up at the ends to create a closer,job done,and building BC Should be happy..not forgetting the weep holes

Stuart you mentioned proper cavity trays,there seems to be a huge variety,could you possible send me a link that are suited for 100 mm cavity with block work.Only seem to see the small length ones at Screwfix/Toolstation,can't see how this makes sense.i thought the longer they are the less chance to fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back