Welding stainless steel - welder required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of small projects on the go which require small amounts of stainless steel welding. I took one of my jobs to a local shop 5 weeks ago but it is not done yet. They are busy with big jobs and not interested in helping someone like me out with a £100 job. Although I have never done any welding I am considering buying a welder and learning how to weld so I am more self sufficient.

Just wondering what I would need to buy?.

The current job is welding 2 m24 nuts into 2 nut shaped holes I have filed out in 2 4mm plates. To be welded both sides so about 2 feet of welding in total.

Look forward to replies

Mike

Sponsored Links
I think you are giving yourself a bit of a task Mike, if you dont mind being honest.....for sure stainless can be welded readily enough using a MIG welder, stainless wire and a high argon content gas, but Id say plenty of practice is needed on ordinary mild steel before progressing.
Hope I dont sound patronising but Id stick with a pro welding outfit for your project, and maybe start from scratch on more basic stuff.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back