Welding

They won't meet building regs but consider just cutting the bottom off?
Was about to say this - it'd be quite a hazard for anyone with a pet or small child as they could just roll underneath the lower guard. If I recall correctly there's no time limit on enforcement/action if what you've done is unsafe although this may only apply to structure??

Sponsored Links
Never heard of "industrial chic" ?
Very...hideous.In a house? Jeez

It can look quite good with cleaned up brick walls and lots of steel and wood
Modern-industrial-loft-stairs-against-exposed-brick-wall-oct1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Got 16 mm cut off the bottoms and they rewelded from underneath with no weld sign and no discolouration and no cost (buying the stairs from them), I can also fit more bars as they will drill the holes but probably charge next time.

For Durhamplumber. Here's a few "hidious " galvinised steel with scaffold board shelves and flanges I just happened to put up !

Attachments

• WP_20170131_005.jpg
    WP_20170131_005.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 146
You seemed to think I was responsible for the suggested use of Kee stuff within his house? No business of mine what people like, apologies if I picked it up incorrectly.
John :)

Got 16 mm cut off the bottoms and they rewelded from underneath with no weld sign and no discolouration and no cost (buying the stairs from them), I can also fit more bars as they will drill the holes but probably charge next time.

For Durhamplumber. Here's a few "hidious " galvinised steel with scaffold board shelves and flanges I just happened to put up !
Impressive that there's no heat discolouration caused by the welding.....they must have had some sort of substantial heat shunt to sort that. 10/10.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back