Well isn't this good news

Sponsored Links
That is good news Bodd ;)

mind u some remoaner will be along shortly with some rumour about the deal that they overheard :idea:

I thought I heard Brexit had put off big companies from investing in the UK? Must have been another remoaner lie.

The Remoaners will say don't judge a Facebook by its cover.

Some crap of some sort.

Sponsored Links
I would imagine US tech giants are busy employing 'hostages' in European job locations in view of the harsher digital tax regulations. Clever move.

Last edited:
Would that not be wise? ... If they have the skills FB?
Basing themselves in London would be a win win..... No?

"team tackling harmful online content."

They are recruiting people to combat fake news. Hmmm, I wonder what problems fake news might have caused ...

"team tackling harmful online content."

They are recruiting people to combat fake news. Hmmm, I wonder what problems fake news might have caused ...

Well... Is it good news or not Jon?

Oh look brexiteers applaud US business that come to UK and pay FA tax

Facebook’s ‘outrageous’ UK tax bill puzzles financial experts
Facebook paid £28.5m in tax in Britain last year despite gross revenue of £1.6bn

Brexiteers like Mottie will be cheering facebook coming here and paying no tax, yet he will be getting enraged about a few immigrants getting free treatment on the NHS

Hey Bodd, do you see the reason why facebook chose UK and not Europe?
And do you think stuff like this might explain NHS underfunding

Well... Is it good news or not Jon?

That is a debate I don't have time for really!

More jobs is generally good news, and Facebook along with other social media platforms need to improve their services - it is no longer social media really, it's a propaganda machine with some social media attached. So, more jobs good, but the reason the jobs are needed, bad.

A bit like cheering Australia for employing more fire fighters.

And nothing to do with Brexit so spinning that it's a "Brexit is working already" story is just plain daft.

Does anybody know how that digital tax thing is working out

Asking for a friend

Hey Bodd, do you see the reason why facebook chose UK and not Europe?
And do you think stuff like this might explain NHS underfunding

I think I understand.. We tempt big company's that could go to the EU instead with tax breaks.. Now I don't know but... Let's say Starbucks don't get such breaks as they need us more than we need them? Is that how it works Notchy

I think I understand.. We tempt big company's that could go to the EU instead with tax breaks.. Now I don't know but... Let's say Starbucks don't get such breaks as they need us more than we need them? Is that how it works Notchy
Imnsorry I havent got a clue what you mean.

Think about this: what is the benefit of having big companies here if they siphon profits away from this country without paying UK tax.

Would you like to pay more tax or have worse services because of them

Imnsorry I havent got a clue what you mean.

Think about this: what is the benefit of having big companies here if they siphon profits away from this country without paying UK tax.

Would you like to pay more tax or have worse services because of them

I'm with you on this but I understand why the government gives them tax breaks for the greater good.

Sponsored Links
Back