Well isn't this good news

Think about this: what is the benefit of having big companies here if they siphon profits away from this country without paying UK tax.

The benefit is that the people they employ will be paying tax and not claiming benefits. That’s a win win in my book.

Think about this: What would be the benefit to us of them not setting up in the UK.

Sponsored Links
The benefit is that the people they employ will be paying tax and not claiming benefits. That’s a win win in my book.

Yes, fewer unemployed, more PAYE tax, and more people buying into private care because the public services have been bled dry. I guess that's a win for some.

Yes, fewer unemployed, more PAYE tax, and more people buying into private care because the public services have been bled dry. I guess that's a win for some.
Where do public services come into it?

My view is that if people who can afford to buy into private care do so, that leaves free spaces for those that can’t afford to. What’s wrong with that?

FB had made plans for a new HQ in Kings Cross prior the Brexit vote. These jobs are welcomed but they are scant help for those in Sunderland.

So are any of you in the tech or advertising sector?

Any not in London?

The irony being half the jobs are to tackle the spread of misinformation.

On top try get FB to pay more tax. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links

My view is that if people who can afford to buy into private care do so, that leaves free spaces for those that can’t afford to. What’s wrong with that?

The Drs who work in the private sector were all trained and continue to work in the public sector as well. So when the dr is working privately who is doing the work in the NHS?

There is nothing wrong with having private and public provision but whats happening is that as the NHS services are cut people are forced to go seek private care for example mental health for youngsters. Also the 2012 healthcare ACT was key in breaking apart the NHS even more.

The vast majority of private hospitals in this country would go bust if they did not NHS work. So keep private provision and invest in the NHS.

I was referring to the comment about having big foreign business in our country that avoid paying tax here. This is not good for our society.

This: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-of-companies-that-are-not-resident-in-the-uk

Seems that in the excitement of the news of a foreign company creating more jobs in London, we've forgotten that part of the reason to be independent was to have greater control over our affairs. Still lots of work to do - but only one party made this part of their manifesto...

Think about this: What would be the benefit to us of them not setting up in the UK.
Do you think facebook would be employing people that would otherwise be unemployed.

I don think so
These are technical jobs
I wonder how many immigrants will work there.

I have about 1/3rd of my customers currently moving jobs from ROI, Luxembourg and Denmark in anticipation of post brexit Britain. Currently it’s very easy to channel revenue to low tax countries using intellectual property fees. Most of the tech firms do it on software.

I think they are anticipating savings. Denmark and ROI stand to lose a lot.

What's wrong is called 'function creep'...

The more the NHS is underfunded then the more people are forced into private schemes...

But private insurance only buys routine care, and the emergency/tricky stuff still falls to the NHS...

With less money to deal with the majority of people who can't afford private care, then the system is being set up to fail...

One only has to look at America to understand where that ends up!

FB had made plans for a new HQ in Kings Cross prior the Brexit vote. These jobs are welcomed but they are scant help for those in Sunderland.

So are any of you in the tech or advertising sector?

Any not in London?

The irony being half the jobs are to tackle the spread of misinformation.

On top try get FB to pay more tax. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, East Midlands.

Do you think facebook would be employing people that would otherwise be unemployed.
Possibly not but when they move to Facebook they leave a job vacancy that filters down the line until you do get somebody off of the dole.

I have about 1/3rd of my customers currently moving jobs from ROI, Luxembourg and Denmark in anticipation of post brexit Britain. Currently it’s very easy to channel revenue to low tax countries using intellectual property fees. Most of the tech firms do it on software.

I think they are anticipating savings. Denmark and ROI stand to lose a lot.

Im not sure Im understanding the reason for leaving the EU nor the advantage to be here.

Are you talking of individuals that are leaving their EU job and returning to a UK firm.

Sponsored Links
Back