Well known people who have died recently.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Andy Fordham. Darts player.

Having to post in new thread as I’ve been blocked from the notable obituaries thread for reporting a number of off topic posts. Yeah, that’s right, reporting off topic posts. Pathetic moderation don't you think?

BEB0F0F2-7A8E-4A11-A613-F6DB248A862D.jpeg

Silly warning - they removed the off-topic posts as well as my privileges anyway. Obviously upset someone at 3:20am. Who could that be? :rolleyes:

1B4CE3C5-1CFB-4113-873E-0F96FE33E87B.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You do seem to be extremely protective of "your" threads, trying to keep them on topic.

But the problem is, they are not really "your" threads; what makes a thread is when others contribute to it.

And you can't stop others from posting whatever, whenever.

This is DIYnot, not DIYmot........

Sponsored Links
You do seem to be extremely protective of "your" threads, trying to keep them on topic.
Well, I must admit, I don’t like any thread going way off topic. Obviously some people make a odd comment on something slightly off topic and that’s not a problem but when that starts off a silly bitch fight that goes on for a couple of pages with nothing whatsoever to do with the thread, it does seem a bit silly. I report other threads too if I see it. It does say in the site rules "2) Posts should be topic relevant and threads that become abusive will be closed!" And presumably that’s what the report button is for? Mind you it does also say "1d) Any comments concerning forum administration or moderation should be addressed to [email protected]and not raised within posts". I’ve never had a reply from anything sent to there. Has anybody?

This is DIYnot, not DIYmot........
(y):LOL:

Irrespective of who started the thread, do you think the reply I got and loss of privileges for posting in that thread for reporting off topic posts was warranted then?

Last edited:
Irrespective of who started the thread, do you think the reply I got and loss of privileges for posing in that thread for reporting off topic posts was warranted then?

Not warranted in my opinion, although I didn't see the exchanges.

Not warranted in my opinion, although I didn't see the exchanges.
I reported about 10 posts with just the words 'off topic' in the 'Report reason' box. The last one, I just asked if the off topic posts could be removed and the thread cleaned up. Thing was the moderator said my reports had been rejected. They hadn’t because they were removed. It also said that if I made 'silly multiple alerts' I would be barred from the thread. I made no further alerts yet I was still barred from the thread. I just thought that was pretty wierd, nonsensical moderation - possibly out of spite if it’s who I think it was playing at moderator. The reply came at 3.20am so perhaps the mod was half asleep or half cut.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back