Well - two questions now to the anonymous moderator(s)

paulbrown said:
Some of you people appear to be struggling with plain english.

MOD 2
i removed the topic and i will remove any more abusing the mods

if you don't like it don't post

you tried this before REMEMBER

I may be wrong but the Mod concerned seems to have given moderator abuse as the reason for removing posts. Here it is again.
i removed the topic and i will remove any more abusing the mods
As you said, some people appear to be struggling with plain english.

You, for example, when you struggle to understand this reply to MOD 2:

"And by the way - I resent what you said, as it will give the impression to anybody reading this topic, who didn't see what I asked you, that I abused you, which is not the case, is it?"

And you again, when you struggle to understand what I said to you when you said that my original post had been offensive and condescending:

"That is an accusation I refute.

Can you prove it?
"

I will repeat the request, to you and MOD 2 - if you cannot show where I was offensive or abusive, please stop falsely accusing me of such.

This moaning is a regular feature and the Mod rightly remembered.
you tried this before REMEMBER
If this "moaning" is a regular feature it is because summary censorship and refusing to explain why is a regular feature of moderator actions.

if you don't like it don't post
Seems quite clear to me, if I felt that strongly about the management of anything I would vote with my feet.
You've not done that about this country yet, though, have you?

You are full of complaints about how it is run, but you are still here.

If what you said above was true, why have you not voted with your feet?

Sponsored Links
I have removed your post (It was quotes from myself / reply from Ban-all-Sheds) because as I said, it is my opinion and I am sitting on the fence about it, I did not post it for you to start whinging about

Lynda said:
I have removed your post (It was quotes from myself / reply from Ban-all-Sheds) because as I said, it is my opinion and I am sitting on the fence about it, I did not post it for you to start whinging about

I think I was entitled to do that. You could have just ignored my replies.

Why did you think it was reasonable for you to remove them instead?

Why did you think it was reasonable for you to accuse me of "whinging"? An accusation I know to be false, but another one of these snide comments that you and your colleagues leave so that anybody coming to the topic who did not see the words I wrote would be give a false impression.

Or do you define "whinging" as anything posted in reply to you?

I note that you have left your original post unscathed, including a statement of "your opinion", that if I didn't like it here, I should leave.

I posted a response to that, basically saying that I thought you were wrong.

Surely if you are going to join in a debate, you should allow people to respond to your posts?

Sponsored Links
You losing the plot BAS?

I don't understand plain English?

You wrote to the Mod.
And by the way - I resent what you said, as it will give the impression to anybody reading this topic, who didn't see what I asked you, that I abused you, which is not the case, is it?
I replied.
I read your comments and they were written in your usual offensive and condescending style.
You must have forgotten what you wrote so here it is again.
who didn't see what I asked you
Your above quote then went on to say this.
that I abused you, which is not the case, is it?
You have said that it wasn't abuse, but you must be unsure as you have then asked them to confirm whether you have abused them or not. Here's your bit of doubt.

The proof you seek was provided by the MOD's actions. They don't usually interfere just for the sake of it.

Oh goody, an English language discussion :D

paulbrown said:
Your above quote then went on to say this.
that I abused you, which is not the case, is it?
You have said that it wasn't abuse, but you must be unsure as you have then asked them to confirm whether you have abused them or not. Here's your bit of doubt.

Is the Pope Catholic?

paulbrown said:
Of course, people never write or speak with a sentence structure like that, do they?

You've never seen, or heard it before, have you?

I must have imagined the concept of a rhetorical question, mustn't I?

You've really made me look foolish, haven't you?

ban-all-sheds said:
Of course, people never write or speak with a sentence structure like that, do they?

I'm not really concerned about other peoples grammar, I was replying to you. Whether you meant it as a question or not, I don't know, but it was written that way.

I'm also not interested in making you look foolish and to be truthful I find petty minded posts(like the one above yours) pointless really, still, small things and all that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When are you going to drop your moaning about the Mod's though? Irrespective of whether you are right or wrong you must realise they have the last say, rightly so when they're offended or abused.

Can we reduce all these 'debates' to just one Wiki topic and then get on with the rest of forum-based lives? It could go like this:

An annoyed member:Why did you do <something>?
A Moderator:I explained it before.

[quietly bristling] No you didn't .
[sensing the tone] Stop being abusive or I'll lock this.

[in wide eyed innocence] I wasn't!
I've had enough of this.

Well I haven't.
Well go away then.

Not until you answer my question.
[deletes entire topic]

paulbrown said:
ban-all-sheds said:

I'm not really concerned about other peoples grammar, I was replying to you. Whether you meant it as a question or not, I don't know, but it was written that way.

I'm also not interested in making you look foolish and to be truthful I find petty minded posts(like the one above yours) pointless really, still, small things and all that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When are you going to drop your moaning about the Mod's though? Irrespective of whether you are right or wrong you must realise they have the last say, rightly so when they're offended or abused.

I presume you are referring to my post, yet can't even bring yourself to mention it directly :LOL:

Far from being petty minded, it illustrated the point of the rhetorical question, which you do not appear to grasp as yet, but instead would continue to take anything I write objectionably...this is your problem...get over it.

To anyone fully conversant in the English language, BAS's "is it?" remark is clear as mud to be a rhetorical question and as you clearly understand English very well, it is disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

Softus said:
Can we reduce all these 'debates' to just one Wiki topic and then get on with the rest of forum-based lives? It could go like this:

I've had enough of this.

Well I haven't.
Well go away then.

[deletes entire topic]

Softus, you're spot on.

ban all sheds and I have been members of this forum for more than two years. I joined in 2004 looking for electrical advice. In actual fact, ban didn't reply to my first post, but I stayed on the forum and grew to learn that he was an incredibly knowledgable and articulate man, particularly on electrical matters.

I then found the "General" section of the forum, and have been a regular contributor ever since. I've seen the topics in which ban gets a bit "aerated", and for what it's worth, I don't always agree with him. (In fact, somethimes i vehemently disagree with him!) However, he has never voiced anything hateful or offensive. When people do voice hateful or offensive things, I think he is perfectly within his rights to challenge them.

To the mods (and to admin): if you hadn't already, please read my earlier post in this thread, which I stand by entirely, and consider whether if you had my job and not yours, would you act in the same way?

paulbrown said:
I don't imagine that there's a single person who believes you, is there?

Not as petty as obtusely misinterpreting an incredibly common construct in order to criticise me, is it?

I will stop when they stop acting as though they have the right to delete posts, falsely accuse me of misbehavior and refuse to observe the common courtesy of explaining why.

ninebob said:
Softus said:

I've had enough of this.

Well I haven't.
Well go away then.

[deletes entire topic]

Softus, you're spot on.

ban all sheds and I have been members of this forum for more than two years. I joined in 2004 looking for electrical advice. In actual fact, ban didn't reply to my first post, but I stayed on the forum and grew to learn that he was an incredibly knowledgable and articulate man, particularly on electrical matters.

I then found the "General" section of the forum, and have been a regular contributor ever since. I've seen the topics in which ban gets a bit "aerated", and for what it's worth, I don't always agree with him. (In fact, somethimes i vehemently disagree with him!) However, he has never voiced anything hateful or offensive. When people do voice hateful or offensive things, I think he is perfectly within his rights to challenge them.

To the mods (and to admin): if you hadn't already, please read my earlier post in this thread, which I stand by entirely, and consider whether if you had my job and not yours, would you act in the same way?

I generally agree, but consider life to be too short.

ban-all-sheds said:
I will stop when they stop acting as though they have the right to delete posts, falsely accuse me of misbehavior and refuse to observe the common courtesy of explaining why.
To be pedantic, the moderators do have the right to delete posts and the right to decline or refuse to observe any common courtesy of their choosing.

False accusations of misbehaviour play with the boundaries of defamation. If the victim's identity is known and the false accusation sufficiently public, then it could be an offence. However, despite the consequences, it could be argued that people have the right to commit offences.

Sponsored Links
Back