moderators

Sponsored Links
You will be Matty me boy - you will be. :rolleyes:

I'll put my application in then, Oh hang on I did when someone else recently asked to be one. :D :D

(Er indoors nags at me enough for doing all the others, do I really want more nagging?)

Do you keep it a secret in the other forums? Or do you have moderator under your name?

Sponsored Links
Out in the open, problem is that you cant then be yourself and have as much fun as everyone else because you have to behave as a mod.

Having a separate login like here can be useful so modding can be done anonymously, however that then means logging in/out a lot. (or using 2 different browsers and lost of copy/paste).

On some I'm admin on another I'm a global mod.
If I did not do it then some sites would close because no one else steps into the breach. Having to visit the site and read all the posts every day, several times a day is very time consuming.

You have to have different hats :D

Don't know why you want to be a wanna be traffic warden. What's the buzz?

Not a buzz, just wanted good resources to stay available.
If my helping could prevent a good web resource from going under then I'm glad to offer my help.

I did run 5 Freecycle groups at one point, while receiving mail from another 10 for cross post checking. That meant about 200+ emails every day to go through, 2 hours work and lots of hassle.

When I got made redundant even though I had more time I found I actually had less time so had to give some of it up. Now I'm back in full time employment I have even less time to spend on it so can only do a little in the evenings. (gives me something to do & saves me having to do DIY).

I still get about 40+ emails a day though.

Its not a buzz, its a cross to bear and its all my cross mwahahaha!

You play the Guitar, is a local kids guitar club was having to close because the only tutor there had to go into hospital would you help out - for the kiddies sake?

Not a buzz, just wanted good resources to stay available.
If my helping could prevent a good web resource from going under then I'm glad to offer my help.

I did run 5 Freecycle groups at one point, while receiving mail from another 10 for cross post checking. That meant about 200+ emails every day to go through, 2 hours work and lots of hassle.

When I got made redundant even though I had more time I found I actually had less time so had to give some of it up. Now I'm back in full time employment I have even less time to spend on it so can only do a little in the evenings. (gives me something to do & saves me having to do DIY).

I still get about 40+ emails a day though.

Its not a buzz, its a cross to bear and its all my cross mwahahaha!

You play the Guitar, is a local kids guitar club was having to close because the only tutor there had to go into hospital would you help out - for the kiddies sake?

What i noticed is you're a quick and accurate typist.... have you had training on typing?

Quick?
I am progressively getting worse with dyslexia and have to go over/review every word and sentence to rework my replies so it takes me twice as long as some others to post anything. It's embarrassing when someone is behind me at work and I type an email.

Yes I am a quick typist, but only because I have been doing this t'internet stuff for 20+ years. I can even manage to use 4 fingers occasionally lol.

As for training on typing, I have to laugh at that as when I moved to Manchester at the age of 15 I had to go down a year to be able to complete the courses available in my new school and one that I chose was typing - never actually managed to get on that though - I think I had to do GCSE PE instead (Yeuchh!)

Flicking up and down the threads tonight, even though it got to me at the time, I've got to take my hat off to the mods on here - they've eliminated a lot of nonsense, including my own :oops:

Well done fellas ;)

............ and one has gone before I had the chance to read it :)

Sponsored Links
Back