The University Unchallenged?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well not really the university more the GD forum.
I have steered away of recent but do like to stick my oar in, on the odd occasion.
It seems that lots of threads are becoming open to personal abuse.
I am all for a bit of light hearted banter and leg pulling
But some of the abuse I have seen, is not really called for and not what this site nor forum is about
The culprits (which are well known) seem to get away with this, sometimes by simply having their posts deleted or even the whole thread stricken from these pages, often deleting with them valuable contributions by others.
It is often stated by mods/admin, that these posters should be reported via the alert button and they will then be dealt with.
I personally don't think as a member of this site, it is my duty to say who should stay or who should be expelled. That should be down to admin!
But certain members definitely step over the line but still are allowed to continue.
There have been a few good contributors to this forum who in the past have been cast out, without what I consider to be abusive.
I remember Dex and Di being kicked out for nothing.
Someone needs to get a grip and be consistent!
PS Admin, I have alerted you many times about "sad and Lonely" but he/sheep is still offending. ;)

Sponsored Links
I am off to the pub, so I want to see this thread still available for comments when I return under the influence :eek:
So be good and no abusive post please! :cool:
If you care to meet me, I have money and need friends allegedly ;)

For fairly obvious reasons I can't comment in depth, other than to agree in sentiment.

Agreed, totally.

This site is invaluable to anyone who likes a bit of DIY, and the GD arena should be there like a 'break-out' area, where people can chat about the weather, or space, or flowers, or whatever they wish. Unfortunaly, too many ego's and too many trolls have ruined it.

Why doesn't admin get in and sort it out? well if you were admin, would you? i wouldn't...... this sort of environment is evolutionary, and in the same way that mother nature re-populates a forest after a fire, when people leave this site, new people move in and the evolution continues.

The thing for me is that the site has a set of rules... and the only one seemingly enforced is "don't quote too much"... everything else is fine.

Just remember sticks and stones.... ;) :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Well not really the university more the GD forum.
I have steered away of recent but do like to stick my oar in, on the odd occasion.
It seems that lots of threads are becoming open to personal abuse.
I am all for a bit of light hearted banter and leg pulling
But some of the abuse I have seen, is not really called for and not what this site nor forum is about
The culprits (which are well known) seem to get away with this, sometimes by simply having their posts deleted or even the whole thread stricken from these pages, often deleting with them valuable contributions by others.
It is often stated by mods/admin, that these posters should be reported via the alert button and they will then be dealt with.
I personally don't think as a member of this site, it is my duty to say who should stay or who should be expelled. That should be down to admin!
But certain members definitely step over the line but still are allowed to continue.
There have been a few good contributors to this forum who in the past have been cast out, without what I consider to be abusive.
I remember Dex and Di being kicked out for nothing.
Someone needs to get a grip and be consistent!
PS Admin, I have alerted you many times about "sad and Lonely" but he/sheep is still offending. ;)

Ahhhhhh you must be missing your mates.... Try phoning them...

Back