Entry Age for members?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been a member for a number of years now but seem to recall there was a question stipulating you had to be of a certain age, (16 I think), to become a member.
Is this correct? If so, why are we getting a plethora of posts from people who seem to be acting like kids in a playground?
This is supposed to be a 'General Discussion' forum, not a slanging match competition.
Can we get back to 'discussing' matters that are relevant to the majority of members such as 'News' items, Sports topics and yes, even religion so long as it does not become abusive/threatening etc.
Oh, and one final question. Can Admin/Mods do anything about preventing multiple aliases? It really is becoming quite tedious with these personal squabbles going on for page after page.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps there ought to be an upper age limit too ;)
No, a short intelligence test would be much better. Would probably decimate a large proportion of 'newbies' but at least it would get these boards back on track.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, i leave and nip back now and again, things have been rough for a while on here. I moan then go away.

This is a top site, but like said previously to much access by the www.

Wrong to impose any sort of discrimination on a website forum...

the problem is with petty attitudes... getting out of control.... and a lack of a constant theme of interest.... IMHO..

the way i see it is some people have little or no respect for the actual threads the op will set the tone if its a serious thread then others should respect that i dont mean going off on a tangent we all do that occasionally and that can revitalise a thread but the deliberate poo stirring for no apparent reason

then theres the single minded attitude off some people who try and turn every thread into there pet subject that everybody else has had enough off :D

The entry age for 'members'???

Oh I get it now - I thought this was a thread about the age of consent. 16 isn't it? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

the way i see it is some people have little or no respect for the actual threads the op will set the tone if its a serious thread then others should respect that i dont mean going off on a tangent we all do that occasionally and that can revitalise a thread but the deliberate poo stirring for no apparent reason

then theres the single minded attitude off some people who try and turn every thread into there pet subject that everybody else has had enough off :D

Perhaps time Admin handed out a few bans for certain members then? Start off with a weeks ban, then a month for a second offence. Must admit , there are a few still on here that deserve a total ban. Also joining this forum should only be made possible by the inclusion of an ISP based email address. At least that would go some way towards stopping the ones with several accounts set up using the free "internet based" email accounts.

I have been a member for a number of years now but seem to recall there was a question stipulating you had to be of a certain age, (16 I think), to become a member.
Is this correct? If so, why are we getting a plethora of posts from people who seem to be acting like kids in a playground?
This is supposed to be a 'General Discussion' forum, not a slanging match competition.
Can we get back to 'discussing' matters that are relevant to the majority of members such as 'News' items, Sports topics and yes, even religion so long as it does not become abusive/threatening etc.
Oh, and one final question. Can Admin/Mods do anything about preventing multiple aliases? It really is becoming quite tedious with these personal squabbles going on for page after page.

Fine by me BUT once we've talked about politics and religion can we talk about sex? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fine by me BUT once we've talked about politics and religion can we talk about sex? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That comes above politics and religion!

Perhaps time Admin handed out a few bans for certain members then? Start off with a weeks ban, then a month for a second offence. Must admit , there are a few still on here that deserve a total ban. Also joining this forum should only be made possible by the inclusion of an ISP based email address. At least that would go some way towards stopping the ones with several accounts set up using the free "internet based" email accounts.

i really really don't like banning people it shows intollerence to others points of veiw no matter how offensive
but i do think they should be grown up have a well reasoned debate with facts not supposition
if there points are not in the spirit off the thread they should refrain and have self disiplin and start there own threads for us to ignore if we choose ;)

Sponsored Links
Back