moderators

It depends on the Mod. Not even the mods know who the other mods are - unless you are JohnD (admin).

I'm sure they all know each other. Almost all chat forums have a hidden "Chat room" or "Private room" where mods can discuss things like annoying people (Joe :mrgreen: ) . Also, deleted threads can be moved into these hidden sub-forums.

Don't forget people, the Mods aren't getting paid for trailing through the mass shyte that is General Discussion so give them a break once in a while. :cool:

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Not even the mods know who the other mods are

That might explain something. Not so long ago, I noticed that a whole page of posts had been deleted from a thread. I think it was this one:

//www.diynot.com/forums/general-discussion/some-like-it-hot.302970/

I was a little surprized by this since, to quote myself, "there was nothing in there that you couldn't find in a U-rated Frankie Howard movie". But the moderators decision was final so it had to go. :( :( :(

That much I could accept but, when I politely pointed out that a whole page had been deleted, my post was also deleted within minutes. :eek: :eek: :eek: Of course I posted again, asking when super injunctions had arrived on DIYnot - and that was also deleted. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now I've read the rules and nowhere does it say that it is forbidden to inform anybody that a deletion has taken place. Was this mod being a little over-zealous then trying to cover up his/her actions?

PS: I wonder how long this post will be allowed to stand? :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
When I first posted on here it was under' ripped of by plumbing charges'...and eventually the post was locked....when I asked why I was told it was because it had gone off topic....which is fair enough.
Then Bolo posted the following:

Do you mean locked away? I cant even find your post. If I could, do you think that I would find it suitable for kids just into their teens to read? This is, after all, a family forum.

I just wondered what sort of guide lines the mods are given....
and yes I do appreciate mods that it is probably a very thankless task as you probably will never please everyone

The mods are wanna be Parking Wardens. People just like Bahco (outed by Red Herring)

I think the mods do a great job.

Why should people feel they can abuse others on a forum that was developed for the benefit of all?

They remove posts they don't agree with - not because they are abusive.

What rule did that contravene? And when are you going to do better?

The mods are wanna be Parking Wardens. People just like Bahco (outed by Red Herring)

More baseless accusations, again. :rolleyes:
By your own hand you advised that it is impossible for anyone to 'out a mod'

It depends on the Mod. Not even the mods know who the other mods are .

Did you not see the request for us to cool it?
Or do you think it doesn't apply to you? :rolleyes:
I'm happy to accede to that request, but I won't stand idly by while someone attempts to flame me. :mad:

Who the fook do you think you are telling me what to do? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back