Well - two questions now to the anonymous moderator(s)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
MOD 2
i removed the topic and i will remove any more abusing the mods

if you don't like it don't post

you tried this before REMEMBER

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
MOD 2
I'm not abusing you, or your colleagues - I'm asking you why you take the actions that you do.

If you consider a civil question asking you to justify your actions "abuse" then maybe you shouldn't be doing this job.

And by the way - I resent what you said, as it will give the impression to anybody reading this topic, who didn't see what I asked you, that I abused you, which is not the case, is it?

I think you're forgetting who this forum is for.

Yes, I do remember.

And I remember that before, you and your colleagues responded to every single civil question I asked you with censorship.

I read your comments and they were written in your usual offensive and condescending style.

If you can't respect the site owners, their assistants or the other members you should consider whether this is really the place for you.

Do us all a favour.

paulbrown said:
I read your comments and they were written in your usual offensive and condescending style.
That is an accusation I refute.

Can you prove it?

If you can't respect the site owners, their assistants or the other members you should consider whether this is really the place for you.
I will give them the same respect they give me.

All I am asking is for them to explain why they take the actions they do. How is that not respecting them?

Do us all a favour.
I'm trying to, if you could but realise it.

Sponsored Links
i agree with BAS on this he isnt being abusive he is simply asking a question

cant we ask questions now ??

I don't think you should tell someone that is one of the oldest members that he's ''in the wrong place'' sorry BAS :confused: I don't mean your age.
If this wasnt the right place he would have found that out by now.

And I agree with Slogger :LOL:

Yup, I'll throw my 2p's worth of support in too.

Ban always makes himself perfectly clear, in non-offensive terms, when he wishes for something to be explained like the editing/deleting of posts.

The mods have now started saying "it's our rules, live with it or go elsewhere" which is fair enough to a certain degree, but here's an analagy (perfectly true, by the way):

I am a duty manager in a busy pub in Brighton. When it's my shift, the pub is under my control and I am perfectly within my rights to either refuse an individual service, or to eject an individual from the premises. From time to time, someone's behaviour will break one of the "rules". When that happens, I always explain politely in plain english why I am refusing to serve them or asking them to leave. I'd say about 90% of the time they are happy with my explanation and leave without issue.

Now, imagine if all I said was a brusque "My pub, my rules, go elsewhere", or even threw them out with no explanation whatsoever. I imagine I'd have carnage on my hands. Of course, the mods here don't have that problem because they're not face-to-face with the person they're dealing with, and don't even reveal who they are.

It's a good analagy to continue, because the main reason for posts being moderated on here is that the debate has become a bit heated. A good mod should be able to get a thread back on topic and remove personal insults without upsetting everyone. Most of the people I ask to leave the pub are otherwise decent people who have become a bit "animated" after one too many. Normally they're told that they're more than welcome to come back tomorrow, and everyone's happy.

Why can't it be like that on here? And so I return to my original point which is that I fully support Ban, in that EVERY item of moderation should be accompanied by a clear and honest explanation.

Simon.

(Crumbs, I said I was giving my 2p worth, that was more like a quid but it needed saying!)

I am new to these Forums but I would like to offer my support to ban-all-sheds in this matter.

I left another Forum because of 'over-moderation'. Whilst I can understand Moderators deleting Posts which are offensive either to an individual or by the use of particular language or innuendo or even to protect any young members who might read a Post, I cannot for the life of me see why a reason is not given for a deletion.

Please do not drive me away from this Forum too.

I never question the will of my Maker but Moderators are not Gods....or are they?

well its now 5-1 in favour of BAS come on mods your beaten be nice from now on or we will errr we willl hmmm well we will do it ok :LOL:

ninebob said:
I am a duty manager in a busy pub in Brighton.

Have you ever had a blond haired kid running and waving his arms about,and calling everybody w*nkers.?

I too think the mods have been getting it wrong at times.

Some of you people appear to be struggling with plain english.

MOD 2

I may be wrong but the Mod concerned seems to have given moderator abuse as the reason for removing posts. Here it is again.
This moaning is a regular feature and the Mod rightly remembered.
I also don't see anything wrong with this either.
Seems quite clear to me, if I felt that strongly about the management of anything I would vote with my feet.

In reality we are looking at a spoilt brat who likes his own way. Fortunately the Mod's seem aware and are having none of it.

vokera80e said:
ninebob said:
I am a duty manager in a busy pub in Brighton.
Have you ever had a blond haired kid running and waving his arms about,and calling everybody w*nkers.?
What, like this?
ScreenHunter_45.jpg

Taken at his homecoming!!!

Anyway, don't want to go too far
off_topic.gif
because I do feel this is an important issue for Ban and we should be supporting him....

Richardp said:
I don't think you should tell someone that is one of the oldest members that he's ''in the wrong place'' sorry BAS :confused: I don't mean your age.
If this wasnt the right place he would have found that out by now.

And I agree with Slogger :LOL:

Length of membership is an irrelevance.

Perhaps you found the real answer when you mentioned age?

Age and moaning go hand in glove for some men.

I am sitting on the fence.

But my opinion is this:

If you don't like some where then as some one said "Vote with your feet"

Certain members seem to "like to argue"
Certain members seem to "post drivel"
Certain mods seem to "take it personally"

If 99% of posters are happy and do not argue with us mods, does that not say something?

The above is as I said my opinion, I am not acting on it. (I am too busy watching for advertisers and other rule breakers)

Sponsored Links
Back