Wendy house project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am building a Wendy house for my little one and I am considering adding to the roof a square strong thick piece of glass that I have got from a unused shelf so that she has got more light. I was planning to put two pieces of plywood together as a roof and felt them over but adding a glass will be complicated. Has anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Being a complete anorak I know, but it could be a better idea to replace the glass with a sheet of polycarbonate for safety.....make a grooved frame, open at the bottom, fix to the roof and then felt. The 'glass' can be slid in and secured - a bit like greenhouse roofs if you like. The edges can be nicely treated with Evercryl.
John :)

Hi thanks for the quick response, yes I am considering polycarbonate...
I am not sure I understand your explanation and how the glass/polycarboanate can be fitted with the felted roof. Can you show me a picture or diagram where your idea is depicted?

Imagine if you took some flooring, maybe a 50mm strip which includes the groove......the 'glass' could be slid into that.
Of course if you were to use polycarbonate, you could fix it down with screws and then just flash the felt over the edges.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Mmmm not sure if I want to risk leaks ...I may stick with just felt and no window.
Thanks anayway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back