Mosaic on path

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am creating a mosaic panel made out of glass pebbles and pieces of coloured glass.

When I complete the panel it will be laid in a concrete garden path. the mosaic panel is about 0.5 metre by 1 metre.

As the surface of the mosaic is made up of different levels of glass and will be walked on, the glass pieces would quickly get dislodged. I thought that I might be able to encase the whole mosaic in some kind of clear epoxy / resin (like the paperweights you see) that would allow me to create a clear slim block of material with the mosaic protected and embedded inside it.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I could do this and what I could use? Alternatively can anyone suggest any alternatives?

Sponsored Links
oooo goody your very own ice rink :LOL:
all joking apart have you thought about this?
especially when it gets wet/snow,you might find your self on your backside?

That was to be my next question. If there was a suitable coating was there an additive that could be added to make it non-slip. I've noticed a couple of surface coatings which could be treated to make them non-slip.
I could see that the effect of water lying on that type of surface would be dangerous.
Can you think of any alternatives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back