Werner wooden loft ladders?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, just interested to hear if anyone has had any experience fitting a Werner wooden loft ladder (Toolstation).

I have an odd sized loft hatch (715×570) so whatever happens I'll have to lengthen it to fit a pull down ladder with hatch.

The Werner is £160 and seems the best of the bunch at that price point?.

Seen plenty of other that "look" very similar for £90/100 but probably not as good quality?.

Just interested in any opinions before I buy one?.

Sponsored Links
Had an old Wickes own brand wooden loft ladder, made by Youngman IIRC, well constructed but in the end too heavy with loft hatch attached, and reverted to simple lightweight three part ladder, with separate opening hatch.

Blup

I think I might have to go down the same route, looking at where the hatch is making it any bigger is a none starter really.

Seen some concertina style ladders that will fit just need a pull down hatch.

Looked again tonight and had to go for plan B.

Ordered a hinged loft hatch and looking into a ladder to suite.

Didn't fancy cutting another floor joist out as it rests on a wall which is supported in the kitchen with an rsj..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back