wet feet

• Thread starter lifesagasman
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
it's worked so far, and at least i don't have to look at that ugly bastad any more

You might be better turning the mirror around incase the cant comes back in the morning :eek:

Sponsored Links
that potato idea was ill thought out. as i tried to introduce it to the fitting it got chipped. when i turned it on it fried. now i'll have to repeat the process with 2 eggs and a tin of beans. and a sausage.

i fort i was getting nowhere with my original dilemma so i rallied myself severely and channelled my energies into the promising idea of inserting vegetables into my socket, kindly proposed by gigz (he's a famous pigs-bladder kicker, you know).
having dealt with the 'tater, i found myself at pains to resolve the issue of the other ingredients to my repast, namely the eggs and beans. necessity, however, being the mother of invention, thrust upon me a devilish cunning solution (not a linguist...). feeling expansive, i perforated 2 (yes two) cans of beans and placed one egg into each can. i then proceeded to interconnect them with a length of resistive wire bound tightly around each can and leaving about 16 hands of wire separating the two.
starting at the mid-point i then wound this wire around the dangling light flex (in a counter-rotational manner, obviously) which commonsense dictates would be energised by inductance as soon as the light was operated.
with this in mind, the final link in the chain was to insert the sausage into the bulb holder and voila, dinner would soon be ready!
sausage in hand, i peered upward to the bayonet fitting protruding from the ceiling, and then-- calamity!!
the skull-numbing realisation that in my lily-white i held--an edison screw saveloy!! NOOOOOO!!!!!
after a brisk but unscheduled trot to the butcher, he kindly did a part-exchange on the damned continental banger and provisioned me with a more user-friendly british type, and, upon returning to my hut, i deftly placed the snorker where it belonged.
then i flicked the switch.
nothing seemed to happen so i left it for 3 weeks to warm thoroughly. when i returned there was such an unholy smell in the bathroom. i know it wasn't me as i've been using the outside loo, the one at the back of the Co-op.
so now i have yet another problem in this wretched place and now i don't know which way to turn.
please, please help me

to be continued

i fort i was getting nowhere with my original dilemma so i rallied myself .....so now i have yet another problem in this wretched place and now i don't know which way to turn.
please, please help me

to be continued
You're a very strange man.

PS - liked the earlier post
or the IQ
- pity I missed it last night :LOL: :LOL:

Why would you turn the bath taps on if you want a shower anyway.The easy way to avoid your problem is don't turn them on,or instead of using a submersible pump drill some holes in the bottom of the bath,thus saving the electric anyway and all the expense.The last customer I did this for was more than happy and now has exposed beams for that cottage look too.
I tried to find a plug in bath plug that works on radio frequency to avoid part P but as of yet the interweb hasn't got one.Possible opening in the market there for an inventor.
Really you are letting down us gas fitters with your lack of thought.You must try harder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back