Wet room bathroom floor - what should I do with it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Council flat, the wet room (more like a splash room) which partially drains towards the door rather than the drain… apparently it’s supposed to be like that otherwise people will fall over! (Council worker said so).

Anyway, the pattern on the floor looks like vomit. I’d prefer if it was a dark colour.

I did have the laminate roll/sheet stuff put in (glued over the old floor) for cheap and yeah that’s just trapped moisture underneath it. So that needs pulling up.

What can I do with the floor?

Should I just pull it up and get council inspector to come round? I mean, I very much doubt they’re going to re/level the bathroom floor for me.

Sponsored Links
Why did you stick the roll down? Just to cover the vomit pattern?

As it's a council I would question the slope with them. Highly unlikely they will alter the slope.

Is water making it's way to the door? is that the main issue?

Why did you stick the roll down? Just to cover the vomit pattern?

As it's a council I would question the slope with them. Highly unlikely they will alter the slope.

Is water making it's way to the door? is that the main issue?

Yeah basically guy was fitting wood flooring elsewhere in the house and said he had some could stick down for 40-50.. couldn’t say no

Well the bathroom has a built in cupboard which the bottom of is just a normal wooden border that you would expect in a dry room… Which is also the same path the water goes if it misses the sweet spot.
So the bottom of that is looking blacker and damper than it should.

The electric shower is extremely loud too. So it’s a real lovely bathroom. Look forward to going in there every time

Sponsored Links
Why not get the council out to sort out the rotten wood... mould spores are a health issue arn't they?

Dare you take any photos, you might get suggestions, when folk see it... I can imagine you don't want to spend much time in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back