wet room grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone have any grouting tips for doing a wet room, is a regular waterproof grout good enough?

thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
I'd be more concerned with what tanking preparation you've done prior to tiling rather than what grout you're going to use.

What exactly do you mean by tanking?..I know on an outsides its a coat of bitumen and then some sand slung over it...same thing inside?

Sponsored Links
So that stuff is better than using bitumen etc?..its the propper gear?

its in a vaulted basement area and will be tanked by a damp proofing company using a vandex product

so does anyone know anything about grout?

Your basement will be tanked to keep water out so the system they use will not hold the water from the shower, what system are they using? drained cavity, waterproof render?

No grout will completely stop the passage of water so the surface of your walls will need to be waterproofed with a tanking system. The one in the link or BAL's WP1 will do.

What type of tile are you using, ceramic, porcelain or natural stone and what size joint will you be using as Wide joint is difficult to use in anything under 3mm.

Jason

I only intended the two BAL grouts to be used on the floor tiles. The walls aren't going to be subjected to the same level of water penetration as the floor so any decent water resistant grout will be ok here.

I'm going to use the mosaic tiles that come on the flexible backing so i can keep the shape of the drainage done by the damp company.

The damp co are going to use vandex bb75 with a sand a cement scratch coat, can i tile straight on to the render scratch coat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back