Wet room - Partially flows towards the door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right so I recently moved into my council flat.
It has a wet room. Which has a shower, sink and a bog (toilet).

If water from the sink goes on the floor or if you **** on the floor next to the toilet, it will flow past the shower and towards the door…
Which obviously will cause issues.

i stuck down one of those rubber bumps from eBay. But after few months it’s coming up and probably can’t be reused because it’s going to be filled with dry sealant (as per instructions!)

Anyway, what should I do?
The council haven’t exactly been keen to fix other issues that definitely needed fixing. So I feel like getting them to fix this would require a wrestling match or two.

What can I do? Is this something that needs fixing or what?

Sponsored Links
Why did a mod move this to plumbing?
Not having a laugh but I’m pretty confident a problem with the flooring belongs in the flooring section

or if you **** on the floor next to the toilet, it will flow past the shower and towards the door…
I’m more alarmed that you *****d enough on the floor to know it heads for the door.

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's more a flooring issue rather than a plumbing issue, if it's a wooden suspended floor the former probably hasn't been fitted properly to ensure and sustain a correct fall to the drain. If it's concrete then the screed hasn't been formed properly. Either way it's a construction issue rather than a plumbing issue.

Either way the floor needs to be lifted and fixed properly and the council need to fix it properly.

Yes, that's more a flooring issue rather than a plumbing issue, if it's a wooden suspended floor the former probably hasn't been fitted properly to ensure and sustain a correct fall to the drain. If it's concrete then the screed hasn't been formed properly. Either way it's a construction issue rather than a plumbing issue.

Either way the floor needs to be lifted and fixed properly and the council need to fix it properly.
Ehh I was kinda hoping there was something I could do. But I mean realistically there aren’t many options…

I’ll complain to them during the week.

Seeing as I’m in the plumbing flooring section now…
Kitchen mixer hot tap drips constantly, on the back of the mixer it says DTC34 - any idea exactly which cartridge I need?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back