Wet Saw problem

rvp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone shed light on this issue, maybe it's me being stupid!

I basically can't cut the tile length ways without turning the tile over because the guard mount is in the way. The blue line is where it goes to and then I have to mess about turning it over and it's not great.

20180720_132743.jpg

Any ideas??

Ta.

Sponsored Links
on a woodworking table its called a riving knife
can only imagine right way up the glazed edge is possibly finding a minute gap between fence and table
where as upside down it runs on the flat face
does the riving knife line up exactly with the blade ??
is there a minute gap between fence and table top at some or all points ??

on a woodworking table its called a riving knife
can only imagine right way up the glazed edge is possibly finding a minute gap between fence and table
where as upside down it runs on the flat face
does the riving knife line up exactly with the blade ??
is there a minute gap between fence and table top at some or all points ??

Thanks big-all for the reply.

I am not sure, tried both ways and it will not pass the guard absolutely no chance If I want the cut the tile in half down the middle as one side of the tile is left other over the right with the guard in the centre.

Very annoying, suppose that's why it costs £50.

it possibly needs adjusting
is there a blade guard attached
is there any gentle give if you try and move the metal sideways ??

Sponsored Links
it possibly needs adjusting
is there a blade guard attached
is there any gentle give if you try and move the metal sideways ??

It is as in the pic really, splash guard and it's pretty much stuck in place.

The other thing that is fouling the tile as I try to push it through is the nut that holds the guard in place - top of tape measure, it protrudes so stops the tile going further than that! pretty poor really and it gets decent reviews!!

assembled wrong ??
wrong sized components used??
if something is catching have a look and work out why as its not designed that way

I would think its been assembled wrongly, there shouldn't be anything on the table that would get in the way or stop the tile from moving, that said however I don't know the make or model of that cutter, and it maybe that's how its made, but I wouldn't have thought so. I cant remember ever seeing one with screws actually screwed into the table top, blade, guard etc are normally secured from underneath the table. Did you buy this brand new ?

RVP,
That looks like a "PTC500" tile cutter.
From your image (below) I think it looks as if the screw head is above the flat table top. And the tile is then hitting it. Am I correct in this assumption??
Capture.JPG

That screw on mine is counter sunk and below the table top.
Below is images of my saw with screw head in a hole.
SFK
saw2.jpg
saw1.jpg

Last edited:
OR if you have attached the L bracket properly and the screw is flat, then I would say that the L bracket is not flat/level behind the Saw Blade.
So loosen the screw, and move the L bracket so it is directly behind the Saw Blade.
SFK

• Thanks
Reactions: rvp
Thanks all.

I think I've sorted it. The screw had a washer on it preventing it from being countersunk into the table top, no idea why.

I have removed the washer, tightened the nut down so it now sits below the surface like SFK's pic seems ok now.

Thanks all.

RVP,
Great to hear.
However, it 'might' need that washer as my saw vibrates like mad.
If you can you might need to drop washer into hole and then put screw through it.
If you cannot, no worries, but check screw for tightness everynow and again.
SFK

RVP,
Great to hear.
However, it 'might' need that washer as my saw vibrates like mad.
If you can you might need to drop washer into hole and then put screw through it.
If you cannot, no worries, but check screw for tightness everynow and again.
SFK

Washer is far too big to drop into the oblong type recess, would need a much smaller washer.

Guard is a little loose to be honest as the screw just spins and doesn't tighten fully although in a way it's a good thing as the tile slides past the guard now easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back