Wet Tile Saw Buying Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there need a bit if advise.

Going to be doing a fair bit of tiling over the next few months (just at home) and i am in the market for a tile saw.

I have had a few of the small “plas plugs” type ones but never got on well with them due to not seeing the line when cutting due to spray.

I think the bridge / radial arm type is better as you pass the blade over the tile rather than pushing the tile into the blade.

I will be cutting granite and porcelain tiles 300x300 and 600x400 etc.

The issue is there are quite a few different manufactures on the market i am finding it hard to tell what is trash and what is good.

From what i can see (just looking on EBay) Rubi look like the top end of the range but there are some by the name of

Einhell, Vitrex ,Qep and Power Pro

All of the above all look the same saw just with a different paint job and name??

Anyone got any info on or can point me in the right direction please?

Looking at around spending around £300-500
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Rubi, Husqavana etc are all top brands, if you are looking for a bridge cutter( radial arm saw) just to last you for what you are going to be doing in your house i would`nt be spending that kind of money. basically they are a tool that a tiler hardly ever uses.
But if thats what you want you could always visit screwfix and buy one of their Vitrex pros, when my Husq knackered up half way through a job i went to a local screwfix, bought the rexon and it completed the job with no problem at all.this was about 2 yrs ago and i have used it once since. Well worth the price £199.99

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/32068/Power-Tools/Tile-Saws/Vitrex-PRO-800-800W-Tile-Bench-Saw-240V

Sponsored Links
Paul348, just wondering what you thought of the Vitrex Pro 900 - warts and all. cheers jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back