Electric Tile saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody recommend an electric tile saw that does not cost the earth but that is not rubbish either.

I am tiling a whole new house with ceramic, porcelain, granite and sandstone tiles up to 22mm thick.

Also, is it true what some of the sellers claim, that some tile saws can also cut marble, porcelain, granite and other stones because they have a diamond wheel and water cooling? For instance this Plasplug Dww150:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=106164

What difference does the size of the cutting disc make?

Ta

Sponsored Links
Buying a cutter for a few jobs then leaving it in the garage is not the way to go. It's not a bad idea hiring the proper gear for a few jobs and you don't have the hassle of storing it for ever more.
The blade does make a big difference - Marcrist blades are superb and last ages. Have a look at www.tradetiler.com
If hiring then just use what comes with the cutter.
Look at the wet saw cutters on that link, look at hiring something like the Rubi DW200N for the big stuff.
For the small stuff, just hire a rubi cutter of the correct size.

Thanks, but I really prefer to buy a not too expensive one. For now it is only one job (one whole house) and I have been hiring equipment. When I hire for more than a couple of days, the hire has cost me almost as much as buying the item itself! And I may work on another project again

Up to you mate, but when you hire one you're hiring decent gear. You can't compare decent hire tools with cheap BnQ specials. Cheapo tools are a false economy in my book, but if you want to go down that route get yourself one of these http://www.pvrdirect.co.uk/productI...=Products&utm_medium=Froogle&catref=EINFSM920
I bought one of these for when I first started out. It's ok for what it's designed for, but I quickly found that a decent Rubi tile cutter and a good diamond blade in an angle grinder was all I needed. The wet saw, as I said, lies unused on a shelf in the garage. Mind you, I got it new off ebay delivered for £20. :LOL:
If you get a wet saw or an angle grinder, I strongly recommend you get a marcrist blade for it.

Sponsored Links
i have used the saw in the original post and it is as good saw as your average diyer needs. just make sure when youve done give it a right good clean out fella and it will be sat there ready and waiting for next time

Jef

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back