Painting ceramic tile edges?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have just had a new bathroom fitted and the white matt ceramic tiles around the bath and basin have a orange clay coloured edge showing, between the tile face and the wall.

Was thinking a white satin enamel paint like this would do the job, what do you think?

THanks

Charlie

Sponsored Links
I see this has been answered once or twice already :) ... quote:

I generally run a small bead of decorators caulk then smooth off with a finger. If it's a cut edge don't use your finger, use something that won't bleed when you smooth it out. ;)

In our shower we also have these edges showing around a window, with tiles on both sides of the window opening, if you had to try to match these edges up with the tile face what would you use?

Thanks

Charlie

I have used nail varnish to good effect in the past(if you can match the colour)
In the days before pvc edge trims the firm I worked for used to buy cheap Turkish 6" white tiles by the pallett load these didn't have glazed edges so we used to open a few boxes and spray the edges with car paint before taking them to site. :eek:
You had to make sure you stood the boxes on end though to stop the paint running down the face of the tiles :oops: :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back