wetroom grout concern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What the best grout width for a a continuously wet area? [using porcelain large format tiles, bal BP1 and fastflex.]

I've made a small trial run on a sheet of ply and am a bit concerned that the rubber adhesive is a bit more absorbent of water than cement based ones, so reckon grouting will be critical. considered epoxy but there's no mention of it being 'flexible', - unlike of course flexible grout.

added to that, the bp1 kit mentions using microseal sealant for the expansion gap round the edge of the floor.
a freezing floor on a winter morning being hit by 50 degree water for half an hour would sure cause movement, but how much? enough to crack the epoxy? does that mean I dont grout at all where the microseal silicone would go?

too many questions :D
b/

Sponsored Links
Don't use epoxy as it is not flexible.

Add some GT1 to your BAL widejoint grout as this makes it more flexible.

JAson

Sponsored Links
not just the hot water! - i was contemplating putting one of those infra red sauna lamps in there as well as electric ufh,
plus an ice bucket :eek: like you get in them posh gyms:cool:

this would be one almighty test of the wetroom, i dont think the bal 2 part rapid flex is up to it, as it says water resistant not waterproof, cant remember where but i did see a waterproof flex...

b.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back