Wetroom vinyl floor help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi hopefully tilers will know this, I had problems with my new vinyl floor so they came today and it wasn’t till they were finished I discovered that they had laid the new roll of vinyl directly on top of the old stuff okay or not ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
are you sayin that you had a new sheet vinyl floor that showed faults?
then the floor layers came back and laid new sheet vinyl over their original vinyl, the vinyl with faults?

how was the original sheet fixed, full stick down or perimeter stick down orstapled down or just loose lay flopped down?

First sheet full stick down but had problems corner welds wrong colour of weld, up stands coming away from walls, so I managed to see that the old vinyl was cut back on the floor before the former and the upstands removed so just a flat sheet of vinyl left, then the next time was when it was half finished full adhesive on the floor and I asked and was told that it was okay as the old vinyl was well stuck down it was okay to lay on top again.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
ok, so you had an original flash coving up the walls - it wasn't a flat lay.
then the cove stick and upstand should have been cut away to prep for the next attempt at flash coving.
fresh cove stick should have been used - dont reuse the old stick.
welding rod colour is agreed on before the job.
inside corners must have full backing behind the mitre.
laying on top of well stuck down material is established practice. exceptions would be going on to a deeply embossed original sheet.

how far up the wall did the upstand go and how was it finished? ie did it have a capping?
upstand uses different adhesive to field adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back