whadda I do ?

• Thread starter 2scoops0406
  • Start date
jasy said:
Voting is your chance to have a say. The party or person or muppet you voted for may not win but at least you have expressed your opinion and you are then obliged to have a point of view. It's the 'sitting on the fence'..'my vote won't mean anything' and 'none of them are any good' attitude that is keeping people in power who should not be there.
What was that you said about keep on marching it won't make any difference? ;)

Sponsored Links
jasy said:
Voting is your chance to have a say. The party or person or muppet you voted for may not win but at least you have expressed your opinion and you are then obliged to have a point of view. It's the 'sitting on the fence'..'my vote won't mean anything' and 'none of them are any good' attitude that is keeping people in power who should not be there.

Precisely what it doesn't do. Scenario, vote one of the below.

Party one, I will kill you by hanging
Party two, I will shoot you
Party three, I will starve you.

Option 4 None of the above please.

Sadly in our current "democracy" you don't have option 4.

Eddie M said:
jasy said:

Precisely what it doesn't do. Scenario, vote one of the below.

Party one, I will kill you by hanging
Party two, I will shoot you
Party three, I will starve you.

That's spot on.

Though I usually offer the options of

a) A red hot poker up the jacksie

b) A poke in the eye with a sharpened pencil

c) A free holiday to <insert name of country that G Dubya last invaded>.

:LOL:

Eddie M said:

Perhaps we should go for the original democracy. Those Athenians had it right, the voters had the power to blackball an MP... and when they did that MP was banished from the city! :LOL:

insert name of country that G Dubya last invaded

George Dubbyah? Mr "Let's spend $100M on a pro-abstinence sex-ed programme that is not allowed to cover AIDS, teen pregnancy or STDs." Even if the kids ask, the teacher isn't allowed to answer questions on the above... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
George Dubbyah? Mr "Let's spend $100M on a pro-abstinence sex-ed programme that is not allowed to cover AIDS, teen pregnancy or STDs." Even if the kids ask, the teacher isn't allowed to answer questions on the above... :rolleyes:

$100M ? Sure our Tone can do it over here for 150 quid, and still get change. :LOL:

kendor said:
jasy said:
What was that you said about keep on marching it won't make any difference? ;)

;)

jasy said:
pipme said:
Surely our system should be overhauled .. made into something fitting for the 21st century ... more like a business perhaps ?
Our local council removed kid's school bus passes some time ago ... and are busily chucking away another £40M on the totally mismanaged Bath Spa project disaster ... The whole bunch of incompetent anchors should be sacked forthwith !! .... telling us they have to pay large salaries to civil servants to get the best ... until they are called upon to perform, then the cracks show .. all that glisters just ain't gold !!

P

Made me laugh on tv when the councillor responsibe for the Bath Spa project was interviewed...... she was not even ENGLISH :eek:

British tho' no doubt !! Note how they wheel out people to face the press ? When it is a f-k up you do not see the English top guy perhaps an underling or someone to catch interviewers off guard, causing them to become too busy being PC to ask the gritty stuff.
More traffic chaos in Bath ... winter is coming so road repair company are settling in for the winter on day work or whatever ... Every bl--ding year since '93 ... The result ? SFA still a bottleneck area ... wasting money like it is going out of fashion .. So everyone beware the Lib-Dems they are useless in the real world !!
Not that Bath is in the real world of course .... Here's a thought, if the old Roman types had had a butchers and thought ... 'Gosh this is a nice place we will not make any changes' Where would we be today ? Probably with a modern 21st century city instead of a living museum !!
P

Back