What’s going on with the standard of plumbers?

Johnny, your Plumber is no friend of yours. I had an emergency callout for my friends daughter, she was not charged. Even my mate wanted to pay me, I explained that's what friends are for.

Andy
I never charge family and sometimes I charge mates if it's a big job but it really is peanuts compared to what I would charge a regular customer. Works the same in reverse. Last time I did a big job on my sons car, he asked me how much. I told him it took me 6 hours so that's 6 hours of wiping my arse when I'm old and incontinent. He said he'd rather pay! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Well Chris if you ever need anything, there are many of us on here that would happily be there for you lad , you know who they are , beware of the ones only wearing one sock xx
Well, if there's a gas safe plumber here willing to work in west london near Heathrow for a reasonable price, let me know.
I'm not holding my breath...

Sponsored Links
Out of interest what would you consider to he a reasonable price?
To get a gas pipe blocked off because it was sticking out of the wall and the 22 pipe going to the boiler rerouted to be on a straight line I paid £240 (45 minutes job including tea and chit chat)
I would say half of it is reasonable.
What do you think?

Did he not give you an idea on price before you asked him to do the job?.

No....well I don't think I am. Slightly off topic, but in the last few years people have been serving up Earl Grey, and we all know that's NOT tea.
Now, when I ask for black tea (to avoid being given Earl Gray or other dishwater brands/types) with a little milk I get curious looks.
My wife drinks Earl Grey, I can’t drink it…..if I make it by mistake I have to make a new cup.

I like Yorkshire or Tetley, less keen on PG

No....well I don't think I am. Slightly off topic, but in the last few years people have been serving up Earl Grey, and we all know that's NOT tea.
Earl grey is a breakfast blend, and Im a non tea drinker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back