Should I tell this plumber not to bother????

Know how to commission oil boilers, Moneypenny? (that'll get him going)

Sponsored Links
Eddie your SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You fooled me though and I thought your Mum could be proud of you. The pro's sussed you though.

Sponsored Links
Called a 3rd plumber to come and look at pipe work for hot water (cold again) lasted 2 days arriving Thurs.

He says he has fitted these gravity systems and sometimes they work fine but other times even though the pipe work is OK they don't, can be a real pain. He says they have found that the coils in the cylinder are not always set up properly and can run slightly in the wrong direction it's difficult to foresee this because you cannot get at them it can be pot luck.

So if the bend in the pipe from the coil to the vent is going in the right direction and the other pipe work is OK could be the coil, no guarantee another cylinder would be any good.
Oh Dear!!!!!! could have to be a fully pumped system yet.

Any thoughts.

cant they "backfill" the systema nd push the air out?

Just connect a drain point to the mains water, block off the vent pipe (expansion) turn mains on and that should do it.

Once the air is out of the coil it should work a treat.

I am amazed reading some of the posts how this plumbers get away with washing thier hands of a problem they have blatently caused the mind bleedin boggles it do??????

Nothing personel corgiman, you know MMMMMmmmmm good idea, thanks.

Seriously, pleased you bothered to read and post back.

I know how to boil it it, I think!!!! happened accidently once when my thermostat went some time ago. Put a new one in myself still have a spare in the understairs cupboard, but I have backed off doing it.

I recognised the rumble from my childhood days and Mum running water off to cool it down. Dad was a miner and we always had large fires, no central heating then, always seemed to be happening, don't know if that was the reason or if the thermostat had blown didn't really care then, had no concept of how dangerous it was, just a kid but the memory stayed with me.

Lots of chimmney fires then very exciting living in a mining area put a bucket of water on the fire and hope the steam puts it out before the Fire brigade came put a hose down the chimmney and then p**sed off.

OK stop rolling your eyes and playing your imaginary violin, I'm going.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back