What a surprise

And check this out..

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...50-extension-but-only-until-30-june-live-news

• EU ministers have said that a letter from Theresa May requesting a further Brexit delay, through the mechanism of an article 50 extension, is too vague to justify it being offered. In a letter to Donald Tusk, president of the European council, May said the UK would like to delay Brexit until 30 June. (See 10.10am.) She specified that date even though, when she asked for an extension until 30 June last month, EU leaders refused, and set 12 April - next Friday - as the deadline if MPs failed to vote for the withdrawal deal. At the time the EU also said that, if the UK wanted a further extension beyond 12 April, May would have to explain “a way forward”. In her letter today May said that she hoped to agree a compromise with Labour and that, if that failed, she might use indicative votes in the Commons to find a way forward. Using similar language, the French, German and Dutch governments all complained that this did not provide enough clarity about how the UK might resolve its Brexit deadlock. (See 2.52pm, 3.43pm, 3.52pm, and 4pm.)

As i was saying Jason...

Sponsored Links
Hello (Mr Logic) Jason?

Last edited:
(sigh) This is getting tiresome. They did not say they did not....oh you are just trolling. I get it.(y)
They did not say they did not. Are you ****ing serious!? What are you on about. Troll someone who just wastes oxygen. You are a fantastic encylcopdea when it comes to building advice A1 legend but when it comes to this level... no just no. Right I'm off to the bar for a proper sesh.

Sponsored Links
Hello (Mr Logic) Jason?
Ha, ha, you wait 8 minutes before prompting me for an answer. meanwhile I've been waiting several days for your response on the other matter, and all I get from you is, "I'll get round to it."

In response to this issue, Check your tenses!
I'll do a little assistance for you:

So (Jason not forgotten you) the EU have offered us till next year now, hmm didn't they say they weren't going to offer jack unless we proved we had made substantial progress moving forward.
Past tense. Your misunderstanding. We haven't made any progress

Any longer extension will need a clear plan and a reason for it.

My comment several days ago:
Alternatively, TM can ask for a longer extension (say until end of 2019, or even longer) but must present a credible plan and reason for that extension. Of course, on that basis UK must participate in EU elections. Something which is anathema to committed Brexiteers.​
Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/please-sir-can-i-have-a-bit-more.520914/#ixzz5kEi7tn6z
Future tense: what TM must do!

FFS. The credible plan is what TM has to come up with to convince the other 27 heads of member states. Otherwise the year long extension is 'blowin' in the wind'.
Did you not understand the news article correctly?
The EU Council president is formally telling officials from member countries to endorse a long extension until 31 March 2020.
The letters have sparked anger on both sides of the Channel, with other European leaders and some British MPs unhappy about a potential extension.
According to Reuters, Emmanuel Macron says talks of further extension are "premature" and the French president wants a clear idea of the future plan by Tuesday.
https://news.sky.com/story/donald-tusk-prepared-to-offer-year-long-flextension-on-brexit-11684645
Future tense: what TM must do!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...50-extension-but-only-until-30-june-live-news
  • EU ministers have said that a letter from Theresa May requesting a further Brexit delay, through the mechanism of an article 50 extension, is too vague to justify it being offered. In a letter to Donald Tusk, president of the European council, May said the UK would like to delay Brexit until 30 June. (See 10.10am.) She specified that date even though, when she asked for an extension until 30 June last month, EU leaders refused, and set 12 April - next Friday - as the deadline if MPs failed to vote for the withdrawal deal. At the time the EU also said that, if the UK wanted a further extension beyond 12 April, May would have to explain “a way forward”. In her letter today May said that she hoped to agree a compromise with Labour and that, if that failed, she might use indicative votes in the Commons to find a way forward. Using similar language, the French, German and Dutch governments all complained that this did not provide enough clarity about how the UK might resolve its Brexit deadlock. (See 2.52pm, 3.43pm, 3.52pm, and 4pm.)
Showing that TM's plan is not a plan at all. She only asked for an extension without presenting a plan of action. All she has presented is what she hopes will happen. She has not met the requirements, so far of being granted a longer extension.
Can you get your head around that? The explanation was all in the press article that you re-presented. Did you not read it?

p.s. you may notice that I have highlighted the bit that you promised to respond to my other post.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back