What a weekend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking foward to UK winning world championships at rugby and F1 and end up with sweet FA.
Still I suppose we should be grateful that Brits got into a position of being able to win.
Ha well, theres always next year.

Sponsored Links
At risk of lighting the proverbial 'blue touchpaper': I didn't realise there was a 'UK' team in the rugby world cup? :confused:

OHHHHHHHHHHHH. Watch it boyo, you could be lighting a fuse.

What chance do we have in the EU when we still have such National divides in the UK :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:LOL:

To be fair, I know of a few non-english, uk folks who were rooting for England.

Just irks me when 'England' = 'UK'.

Guess I'm just a bit of a 'dyed-in-the-wool-petty-minded-nationalist' type! :oops:

Oh no! I expressed a non-harmonious, potentially inflammatory opinion!!!

*WARNING! WARNING*

TOPIC WILL BE LOCKED IN

:LOL:

If Alonso had dropped out of the top places and finished behind Hamilton then Hamilton would have finished in 6th place. Don't you get a point for 6th? Would that have made him joint champion or sumfink? Both on 110 points?

If Alonso had dropped out of the top places and finished behind Hamilton then Hamilton would have finished in 6th place. Don't you get a point for 6th? Would that have made him joint champion or sumfink? Both on 110 points?

I believe Hamilton would have lost on countback, to Kimi Raikkonen. I think he won more races

What chance do we have in the EU when we still have such National divides in the UK :LOL:

Spent the weekend in Wales visiting with may wife's extended family.

Many supported England in a Norhern Hemisphere versus Southern Hemisphere divide. But I did detect hint of "yessss" when England lost

Why can't Hamilton race for England? Why's it have to be Great Britain? In the same way, why can't Coulthard race for Scotland?
Just a thought about the F1 season..... I'm not sure that it's a good idea having 2 good drivers on the same team. I mean, on the ocassions that Mclaren were faster than Ferrari they had 2 drivers that were sharing the wins. If they'd have had 1 good driver and one "average" driver then the good driver would more than likely win all of those races and bag the points. I reckon this plays a big part in why Schumacher won so many times with Ferrari (cause the 2nd driver wasn't in the same league).
This aside, I think the best man won today.

Kimi and Phillipe won 9 out of 17 between them this year.
They between them (6 each) scored fastest lap during an actual race 12 times !

Schumy had a cast iron contract on being the number one driver, and good luck to him, he was just that, others joining the team knew the score.
Sad in another way, because you just know 'a name' joining the team will likely be playing out his time in the dosh, picking up the odd scraps from the table.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back