DIY Nuclear Bunkers

We have a secret nuclear bunker near us... Not sure where but we look every Sunday with no success. I'm going to step up every Saturday as well now.

Sponsored Links
We have a secret nuclear bunker near us... Not sure where but we look every Sunday with no success. I'm going to step up every Saturday as well now.
Plenty of them about, if you can find them! ;)
1ad466d25032d1d377669ac2c8afa84c.jpg

Thank you RG
The link I posted last night detailed secret and non-seccret bunkers but many don't hold more than 20 and the only ones stocked are the ones to be used by the pm/truss and main RAF and naval places.

Sponsored Links
The link I posted last night detailed secret and non-seccret bunkers but many don't hold more than 20 and the only ones stocked are the ones to be used by the pm/truss and main RAF and naval places.

Do you really believe that the deep secure bunkers would be in the public domain, if you do it then confirms that you are out of touch with reality.

The majority of the bunkers listed in subbrit are redundant World War Two bunkers, few if any of they are nuclear proof.

an example ( close to where I grew up )

Wanstead South East London Group Control
  • Written by Steve Fox on 29 October 2001.

During the last war the boroughs of Greater London were divided pie-like into five sectors, three north and two south of the Thames. This division continued to be used for civil defence into the 1990s.

With the re-emergence of civil defence in the early 1950s, four of the sectors were provided with war rooms originally known as “sub-regional commissioner’s offices”. These four London group controls were identical and were located at: Partingdale Lane; Mill Hill (opposite the barracks and next to the sub-station just on the bend), Northumberland Avenue; Wanstead (behind the council estate) Kemnal Manor; Chislehurst (a long way down Kemnal Road) Church Hill Road; Cheam (next to Queen Victoria pub).

The NE Group War Room at Wanstead was demolished in 2000 and the site is now occupied by a nursing home.

Do you really believe that the deep secure bunkers would be in the public domain, if you do it then confirms that you are out of touch with reality.

they are in the public domain as is the MI6 building .

The main nuke bunkers are not for 5 or 20 people they are for several hundred each and known as 'Command & Control'

It's your prerogative if you feel I'm out of touch with reality as you said but I won't insult you as I believe you are only saying what you really feel as do.

Below a list of the best bunkers and many sold off after the cold war

https://www.wired.co.uk/gallery/below-the-radar-gallery

A fact, no new bunkers built for over 25 years in England, not deep underground nuclear command and control that take up to several hundred people have been built

Here

https://www.civildefence.co.uk/todays-nuclear-bunkers.php

Many thanks

My question would be:
Even if you did have access to a bunker, would you want to take the place?
Given that many of the survivors who would also have had access to bunkers, may be the ones who instigated this in the first place?

Some may disagree, but given what we have recently been through, with what has been a truly global pandemic (and other issues such as climate change etc.); is this not the best moment we have, to take stock, and consider the human species fragility, on this small rock?

If there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, I really hope they are doing something slightly more productive with their intellect, rather than wasting it on mutually assured destruction....

If this were to end up with a nuclear world war; then I have to say, I'm ashamed to be part of a species that could let this happen (especially given all the past warnings from history).
If we are wiped out, so be it.

I'm one of those living in a stone built middle terrace with a cellar that has a stone ceiling.

However I'll be damned if I'm going down there, not even if nukes start landing.
There is so much crap down there I won't even go down to read the meter so it would take me a week or two to clear it out first.
WIFI is bad there too :)

My question would be:
Even if you did have access to a bunker, would you want to take the place?
Given that many of the survivors who would also have had access to bunkers, may be the ones who instigated this in the first place?

Some may disagree, but given what we have recently been through, with what has been a truly global pandemic (and other issues such as climate change etc.); is this not the best moment we have, to take stock, and consider the human species fragility, on this small rock?

If there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, I really hope they are doing something slightly more productive with their intellect, rather than wasting it on mutually assured destruction....

If this were to end up with a nuclear world war; then I have to say, I'm ashamed to be part of a species that could let this happen (especially given all the past warnings from history).
If we are wiped out, so be it.
Too many variables for me to give a Y/N answer. e.g. who has survived in my family/friend circle? Is the nuclear fallout threat in the country minimal? What is the % chance of long term survival outside the bunker or are we destined to live in there for a decade +?

On balance, assuming we'd been hit pretty hard, I'd sooner be gone.

Watch the 1980s animated film When the Wind Blows.

No thanks to 'living' like that.

Watch the 1980s animated film When the Wind Blows.

No thanks to 'living' like that.
...and if anyone's seen the recent Canal+ adaptation of 'War of the Worlds' (available on Disney+); it contains some really interesting insights into human morals, given a survival against the odds, situation.

Does global warming cancel out a nuclear winter? :cautious:

I'm also pondering whether to start the spring DIY season and complete some of the multitude of unfinished jobs around the place.

And I wonder if those bargain £14.99 doors I got from Wickes will really be up to the job? I think in the 80's doors were proper wood.

upload_2022-3-9_19-33-53.png

Here's a question. Do the bunkers draw in (and then filter) air from outside? If yes, what if the vents/ducts at the surface are blocked by debris?

I'm also recruiting for the West Midlands faction of a post-apocalyptic marauding gang. PM me your CV's with and photo of your Mohican and souped-up car. If you've not heard back by 31st March, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.

Sponsored Links
Back