What are my options here - Replacing Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Need to replace my shower pump but have run into a small issue:
IMG_6742.jpg IMG_6745.jpg IMG_6746.jpg
Pipes and fittings are very close to fitting. I can possibly try and get away with the two outlets as you see pictured (two at the rear, not push-fit connected yet), although it will be a little high.
This leaves me with needing to by two different hoses to fit the inlets and there are no valves fitted to allow me to isolate the water suplpy.
Are there any options open to me which don't require isolating the hot and cold water as I can't find the hot isolation valve. Can I isolate the cold water in the left using those two large shut-off valve?
Pictures to hopefully provide some more clarity:

IMG_6736.jpg IMG_6737.jpg IMG_6738.jpg IMG_6739.jpg
IMG_6740.jpg IMG_6741.jpg

Appreciate any advice!

Sponsored Links
Bung the outlets of the cold water storage cistern ,and drain off via hot taps ,and any cold taps that are fed from the cistern ( if any),and the shower.
The two valves on the cistern should isolate hot and cold , unfortunately those old gate valves often don't fully close,but you could try ,you may be lucky !

Bung the outlets of the cold water storage cistern ,and drain off via hot taps ,and any cold taps that are fed from the cistern ( if any),and the shower.
The two valves on the cistern should isolate hot and cold , unfortunately those old gate valves often don't fully close,but you could try ,you may be lucky !
Awesome, thanks! If those valves don't close, when you say bung the outlets - do you mean literally bung something in the outlet inside the bottom of the cold water storage? That would be challenging, not sure how I would go about that? :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Awesome, thanks! If those valves don't close, when you say bung the outlets - do you mean literally bung something in the outlet inside the bottom of the cold water storage? That would be challenging, not sure how I would go about that? :unsure:
As above ,or anything similiar, bottle stopper / cork etc.
If all else fails close the supply to loft tank ,tie up the ball valve if no isolator ,and drain the loft tank via taps / shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back