What are the best combi boilers on the market today?

buy made in britain U know it make's sense :D :D
It does. The installer has a job when he sticks the boiler in, followed by a steady stream of repeat buisness, when he comes out to repair it.

Which ones are still made here? Keston? What is that huge floorstanding one called again?

:D Keston's are made in Romania , made in Britain does not nessarily mean a british boiler company , heatline owned by gloworm / vaillant , made in turkey , Ravenheat based in Leed's made in Verona Italy ,were are baxi potterton made , probably abroad , Worcetor I believe are made or assembled in the U.K , German owned ?? Johnson & Starley made/assembled in Northampton ect ect !!

Some complain about eastern european plumber's coming to the U.K ??? than buy a made in Poland boiler ect ect :confused:

Sponsored Links
hi,
i saw ferroli mentioned and i want to say don't ever buy a ferroli!!!!
ours was 5month old when 1st problem started and 5 years on all the time different faults.finally packed in and when i can afford to get new one i will steer away from that doomed make!!

sounds perfectly reasonable please point me to the Ferroli that looks "very similar to the Intergas design" please

the words 'your talk out your a**e come to mind'

Well, there's no need to be so ars*y. I will point you to the boiler which

- had no diverter valve
- the fewest moving parts of any combi
- no plate heat exchanger

It's here
http://www.ferroli.co.uk/product_documentation/DOMESTIC_ARCHIVE/Domina_102_Manual.pdf

I think it pre dates your Intergas design by at least 10 years, and it wasn't the answer then.

Other manufacturers make combis today with no moving parts, for instance ACV.

Maybe the Intergas will prove to be brilliant, but my point is that it has been done before, and the approach isn't guaranteed to be successful.

Let's hope that Intergas will honour there warranty on there heat exc ;s , because they look (?) expensive ???? can they cope with the carp in the system U.K market ??? or will we all be seeing , carp in the heat exc excuse's in the year's to come , in particular if they start seeling load's of them , I for one would put money on it :)

Boiler manu's , pick the best of a bad bunch , there are not many installer's that have not (or will not) lost time & money , & had there rep's ,damaged by boiler manu's product's , many of which should be thrown on the nearest skip !!! :)

well the HX is basically a 22mm copper pipe zing zagging through a Alu slab. so if it did block up then I would be a bit worried....

to be frank I think it has a bit of quality about it and it is one of the few boilers that I have any faith in.

Sponsored Links
well the HX is basically a 22mm copper pipe zing zagging through a Alu slab. so if it did block up then I would be a bit worried....

to be frank I think it has a bit of quality about it and it is one of the few boilers that I have any faith in.

:) Faith is a good thing , & I hope it go's well , I have never used Intergas , & probably never will ??? the simplicity of the design does appear to have alot going for it ??? not to intrested in effiency ect , alway's come's down to reliability for me , & on the face of it the more simplistic the design the less there is to go wrong ?? time will tell ???
Than again I might get converted ??? if I can overcome my dislike of ally heat exc 's , How much are you paying , or would u say that question should be asked in the other place ???

less than Atag, more than a viessmann.

you can get them off the web for about £950. for the biggest sized combi

I though the same as you about Alu HX but there is more to it then first meets the eye.

Where in the uk are you?

In Berkshire and the boiler syster recommended is Valliant Eco831 plus .
I have 14 rads, 3 bathrooms, kitchen and utility room. is this sufficient size boiler or should I go for anohter make. I've also noted that these boilers are cheaper on the net than the price being quoted £1400 ex VAT by the plumber.
Thx

A three bathroom house is not really cobination boiler territory these are normally suited for one bathroom properties

If you have good flow rate and pressure then ideally an unvented cylinder along with system boiler is a good solution

vaillant veissmann both provide long warranties, a good system which is reliable and works properly has alot of the human factor in it,there are many factors and design issues which need to be discussed with the client

Another very important thing on new boiler system is the pipework and radiators are meticulously cleaned,so the new boiler will work to its optimum efficiency,you can buy the best boiler in GB and put iton a dirty system and with the best will in the world it will not last.

So finding the right installer is far more important then just the boiler in my opinion

well in that case i would revert you to my high class range featuring the following manufactures

Atag
Vaillant
Veissmann

all band A boilers expect to pay the price tag! and under no circumstance expect to pay the same price for one of these boiler as you would in wickes or B&Q

if you want a mercedes you pay mercedes prices and not the price of a skoda

regards
thx for the reply, I have 14 rads, 3 bathrooms, kitchen and utility room is Valliant eco 831+ sufficient size boiler ?

it is dificult to say whether or an ecotec 831 will be able to cope this isnt something that can be answered over the phone or internet

well what sort of flow rate do you have?
how do you expect to use your boiler IE (2 points open at a time?)

i think what you are after is someone to wave a magic wond for you and tell you what you need but what you need is a competant fitter to size up and spec the job to your requirements personally if youve got 3 bathrooms (3 bathrooms :eek: ) kit, utillity and lambo outside then you would be better off with an unvented cyclinder which will cost you even more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back