Which Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've presently got an ancient Gloworm SwiftFlow 120 combi boiler, which is about 12 yrs old, and kept going with the help of a Gloworm cover policy. However, after our last call out to replace the fan, the engineer reckoned that they were about to be dropped from the list of covered boilers.

I know that 12 years is a good stint for a combi boiler, but up until now I've worked on the principle that if it can be covered and fixed, we'll keep with it. But it would appear that we'll now have to look at biting the bullet and look for a replacement.

So, what would be the replacement of choice? I expect there will always be gold plated super boilers, but I'd be looking for something that isn't bargain basement, but not the very top of the range wallet busting type either!!

It would need to heat a 4 bed house, with 14 rads of various sizes, 1 bath and 2 ensuites.

Cheers! TT

Sponsored Links
I would suggest a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837 or possibly the 937.

If you want the best quality (at a price) then look at an ATAG Q series ;)

Do a search on the topic, and you will find a couple of brands come out tops, personally I prefer the worcesters.
Having said that, far more important than the quality of the boiler is the quality of the installer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back