What are the rules on noise and working in a next door semi

This is the same neighbour, who soon after we had new half round gutters installed, had a clown do their fascias, soffits and new square gutters, and where they joined the shared fall pipe, botched the square to half round joint with silicon, that soon leaked water down our wall. Complaints were met with 'that's tough'.

The same neighbour who then moved their kitchen sink and poked the drain through the separating fence, to discharge into the gulley on my side, constantly blocking it and have it overflowing, then they added a shower, discharging into the same fall pipe. Local water authority, threatened them with court, unless they sorted it out.

I ended up, solving the gutter problem, by doing soffits, fascias and gutters to match.

These are the same neighbours, who allow their fence panels blow out, then just leave them. Often as not, I end up trying to botch them back into place, and patch them.

Not very good neighbours then. We were dreading our new neighbour moving in recently because it can make such a difference to your quality of life, we've been lucky in that respect for most of our life and it looks like that luck has continued with the recent change.

Sponsored Links
Not very good neighbours then. We were dreading our new neighbour moving in recently because it can make such a difference to your quality of life, we've been lucky in that respect for most of our life and it looks like that luck has continued with the recent change.

They really could be very much worse.

Sponsored Links
AIUI Under the noise act you can expect some noise from time to time when properties are maintained/upgraded etc.
This can be from 7am-11pm.

What councils say about it may be completely different.

Back