What are these called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are those hanging flaps called that dangle down industrial entrances that forklifts and the like go through?

I need to get some prices for our warehouse.

I googled hanging flaps and realised my safesearch was off :eek:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
MW said:
I googled hanging flaps and realised my safesearch was off

rofl5.gif

strip doors are not so good, cling to the trucks and wipe wet all over the loads etc..

we had "fast up" inner doors fitted to the last place I worked, press a button and they go up in seconds.

I've been watching the Eddie Stobart series on 5, and with no warehouse experience, how does the artic lorry position itself onto the warehouse access so precisely? ie it's lined up, and close enough for the truck to remove produce? Without crashing into the bay, or being misaligned?

At great personal risk to myself I'll answer that for you.

Sat in the front of the lorry is a person called the driver and they sit in front of a thing called a steering wheel which is connected to the steering wheels of the lorry.
Then by this means and judicious use of the wing mirrors, brake and accelerator they negotiate themselves backwards. When they have got near enough to the loading bay a steel hydraulic ramp/loading sheet is employed so that the trolleys can negotiate the gap betwixt the lorry and said bay.

I see some of our replies are getting wiped out so please take this in the spirit is was given.

I see some of our replies are getting wiped out so please take this in the spirit is was given.

I think I found the limit. Wish I could work out this quote thingy though.

Just wipped a couple of those chiller flaps out of the skip at work. Cut them into strips and used them as a joist to WBS sound deadener. They also brought the boards upto just the right height.

Sponsored Links
Back