What are these connections ? (in color)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please see attached photo....these are the hot and cold connections under my kitchen sink. I'm looking to replace the kitchen sink and tap and may have to remove or relocate these...I have never seen these before does anyone know what they are ? they look like compression joints to me with olives ? do you need any special type of tool to loosen and tighten them ?

temp.jpg

Sponsored Links
yep they are commpression and yes you need a special tool as well they are called grips

no just a pair of curved jaw grips, they are standard 15mm equal compression tees by the looks of it.

Sponsored Links
Suggest a pair of grips to hold the body of the fitting and an adjustable spanner or more grips to turn the nuts. If you just turn a nut you could twist and damage the pipe at the back which you won't be able to get at to replace very easily. That would be a typical diy mistake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back