What are these metal straps on a breeze block wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

This used to be part of a garage and a number of years ago got it converted to a usable room; this is a single storey and the breeze block wall is the inner cavity. However, after stripping back the tiles to redecorate I find these metal straps that are screwed to the breeze blocks and appear to wrap above the top breeze block.

What purpose are these serving and can they be removed?

20190305_173956.jpg

20190305_174819.jpg

20190305_174753.jpg

Sponsored Links
Those aren't doing a thing bent like that, and the plate set forward as it is. If that roof wanted to move it would.

You don't tend to see all the roofs from houses and garages built before the 60's flying around, despite the severe lack of straps.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all. I appreciate they may not be doing a great deal Woody, but considering what they should be doing I'll opt on the safe side and follow the previous advice and keep them in situ.

Thanks once again everybody for your input.

You could swap them for a proper bent one while they are exposed, just in case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back