What are these metal washers called please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've been struggling to find large thin metal washers like the one in the photo.
(I lost the originals for a Keter plastic shed that was taken down, and Keter customer service are unresponsive after 3 months)

Does anyone know what they are called please?

I've looked up serrated / locking / shakeproof / toothed washers, and can find none with this edging, and without the correct name type, I'm really stuck with a search.

(The outer measurement is 33mm and the inner is 27mm - they are 0.5mm thickness )

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 20220909_201111.jpg
    20220909_201111.jpg
    745 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I guess you found the ones that are £3 each on ebay? I'd just try something similar to see if that works

as above, I would have thought anything similar would do unless there is a specific reason for that design!

some say 'toothed lock washers' should be replaced after every use (i don't, but guess nasa woud on a space rocket)

A plastic shed...so its just to stop the bolt undoing as it vibrates in the wind ... so any sprung washer will do...

as above, I would have thought anything similar would do unless there is a specific reason for that design!

some say 'toothed lock washers' should be replaced after every use (i don't, but guess nasa woud on a space rocket)
As a skilled engineer I always change any form of lock washer after I've removed the nut/bolt. They do in the aircraft industry and woe betide anyone found not doing so.

As a skilled engineer I always change any form of lock washer after I've removed the nut/bolt. They do in the aircraft industry and woe betide anyone found not doing so.
You can't really compare the aviation industry to a plastic shed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back