What are you all like?

jtaunton said:
What I think has been happening lately is that every time anyone puts a left- or right-of-centre point, the other side puts their point a bit more forcibly, the pendulum swings over a bit more, and it eventually ends up click-clacking at either extreme of the argument.

Then eventually, people end up getting personal, and that's when the trouble really starts......

I cannot agree with this, It is my belief that your a liberal Utopian simpleton talking communist clap trap who harks for the days of Peace and Love you hippy hoper you!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry JS, I couldn't resist the temptation...I was feeling mischeivous :LOL:

Sponsored Links
my views vary quite a bit, and i don't think that anyone can classify me as either a liberal, or fascist: i do believe islam to be a violent religion, not one of peace. i do think all immigration should be stopped. i do think there should be some kind of system in place to limit the number of children in future generations. Im pro-abortion, against fox-hunting, against the common agricultural policy, against the welfare state and all its benefits, against economic protectionism, and strongly anti-union.
my point is that my views aren't just based upon rash emotions. i will use available facts and use rational logical thinking in establishing my position on such issues.

now to racism. what many people in this forum dont understand, is that criticising a religion isn't racist. judging someone by the colour of their skin without any valid reason - that is.

example, if someone called me a ****, that'd be racist. (using a derogatory term based upon skin colour. note also, the term refers to pakistanis ie muslims. so i will be even more ****ed off). however, if i get stopped everyday on the london underground and searched by police, that wouldn't bother me so much (they are judging me by the colour of my skin, but i can understand why they'd question a young male asian).

islam is extremist, and is fundamentally incompatible with a free liberal democratic society. islam is a threat to our way of life. criticism of islam, is therefore criticism of an extremist and oppressive way of life, and therefore a liberal view.

the so called 'liberals' here, who get 'offended' by religious criticism of islam, are with all their political correctness, actually being non-liberal. they are defending an intolerant and extremist religion and the oppressive society that goes with it, and therefore they are not behaving as a true liberal would.

I totally agree with all what you said but just a few queeries

Why against the CAP?

and your last point i thought thats why they used to be called loony lefties not liberals

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer said:
jtaunton said:
What I think has been happening lately is that every time anyone puts a left- or right-of-centre point, the other side puts their point a bit more forcibly, the pendulum swings over a bit more, and it eventually ends up click-clacking at either extreme of the argument.

Then eventually, people end up getting personal, and that's when the trouble really starts......

I cannot agree with this, It is my belief that your a liberal Utopian simpleton talking communist clap trap who harks for the days of Peace and Love you hippy hoper you!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry JS, I couldn't resist the temptation...I was feeling mischeivous :LOL:

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier - I was out the back hugging a tree ;)

Freddie said:
it noe seems you cant say qu eeries on this forum :LOL:

I noticed on Friends reunited the other day, someone had written (I presume) Pakistan and the auto-censor had changed it to ****stan. God knows how they get on with Scunthorpe :?:

jtaunton said:
Freddie said:
it noe seems you cant say qu eeries on this forum :LOL:

I noticed on Friends reunited the other day, someone had written (I presume) Pakistan and the auto-censor had changed it to ****stan. God knows how they get on with Scunthorpe :?:

;) :LOL: :LOL:

A good post user56565. I wonder if the perception of offence following some criticism of "islam" is correct.

The criticism is often of the form: ".......send these muslim scum back to their own country......." (I've not intended to be word perfect as there are several variations, but the style will be familiar) the statement seems to refer to the whole of the muslim population of Britain. If someone is referring to Islam as being an opressive doctrine, I have no problem with that. The problem is the labelling of all of the muslims in Britain as scum. This type of phrase conveys to me viciousness and hate, and reduces the chance of a reasoned debate. It is very similar to the attitude in the BAlkans a few years ago.

Most people of any population just want to get on with living, and don't have strong views that involve violence towards other populations, if they did, the whole world would be killing each other. The biggest threat to peaceful existence is the activitiess of those who do have strong views and try to stir up hatred and discontent.

oilman said:
A good post user56565. I wonder if the perception of offence following some criticism of "islam" is correct.

The criticism is often of the form: ".......send these muslim scum back to their own country......." (I've not intended to be word perfect as there are several variations, but the style will be familiar) the statement seems to refer to the whole of the muslim population of Britain. If someone is referring to Islam as being an opressive doctrine, I have no problem with that. The problem is the labelling of all of the muslims in Britain as scum. This type of phrase conveys to me viciousness and hate, and reduces the chance of a reasoned debate. It is very similar to the attitude in the BAlkans a few years ago.

Most people of any population just want to get on with living, and don't have strong views that involve violence towards other populations, if they did, the whole world would be killing each other. The biggest threat to peaceful existence is the activitiess of those who do have strong views and try to stir up hatred and discontent.

Point taken Oilman but could you explain one point

Why cant a British taxpayer--a citizen--a born Brit--express his view of--------" i have had enough send them all back " when obviously he has the right to do that and obviously feels that way for a particular genuine reason

It would not be realistic to send them all back, especially since some are born here, and what would you do with the New Labour muslim MPs?

That's a bit of an aside, the problem starts when the word "scum" is used in the sentence, or other wording which conveys uncontrolled hatred, it then changes from being a view to being a rant.

oilman said:
It would not be realistic to send them all back, especially since some are born here, and what would you do with the New Labour muslim MPs?

That's a bit of an aside, the problem starts when the word "scum" is used in the sentence, or other wording which conveys uncontrolled hatred, it then changes from being a view to being a rant.

Agreed and i fully understand your point but the fact is some of them are scum----the terrorists- their aids--the militants--the rebel rousers--the ones who dont want to be British but want to stop here for obvious reasons

If people hadnt pandered to them 10 - 15 years ago thnen this would never happen.

But the point is the people who are referred as scum are the ones above and not really anybody else but the others dont seem to do much as regards silencing them or exposing them do they?

And to correct you and this is where you go wrong----------there are no Labour muslim MP's--------there are Labour MP's---not Labour christian, catholic,jewish,pagan,hindu,sikh or muslim MP's

That is only pandering to them and sectioning them off and disintergrating them-----putting them above other

Freddie said:
And to correct you and this is where you go wrong----------there are no Labour muslim MP's--------there are Labour MP's---not Labour christian, catholic,jewish,pagan,hindu,sikh or muslim MP's

That is only pandering to them and sectioning them off and disintergrating them-----putting them above other

Shame you had to come out with this, it's you that's wrong, I don't know about the pagan and perhaps hindu or sikh, but the others are certainly there and to deny it is sticking your head in the sand.

oilman said:
Freddie said:

Shame you had to come out with this, it's you that's wrong, I don't know about the pagan and perhaps hindu or sikh, but the others are certainly there and to deny it is sticking your head in the sand.

Oh really well you see because religion divides those who believe in such rubbish then no jew will vote for a muslim--no muslim will vote for anything but a muslim etc etc etc.

So if you stripped the religion label then you might get a fair hearing but i think if anybody came to me saying they were a christian whatever i wouldnt vote for them and also i would be very suspicious that they are using that label to bait people into voting for them.

Oilman, Yes you are correct there are MP's of differing faiths in the UK, however I think the point Freddie was trying to make was that we should NOT distinguish them as Christian, Muslim, Sikh or whatever, we should simply refer to them as the MP for Bla Bla.

Faith and Politics are seperate, we seperated the Church and the Government many centuries ago in this nation, and for very good reason. Of course MP's and PM's have been religious to varying degrees over the years, but that was not why the seperation occured.

My take on it is this, if people wish to live here and they are of another faith, fine, but we should not be made to change our way of life, our perceptions of right and wrong and our culture, instituations and educational system to allow them to maintain some pseudo foriegn culture within this country. I totally disagree with Bristish ex pats that do this shiite in Spain, Bahrain or whereever they are, so why should we let others do it here.

When all is said and done, this is a Christian Country and more importantly it is OUR country. They do not change their way of life, culture and institutions to suit us, so why should we. The Muslims (to use as an example only) have it easy in this country, try being a Christain in a Muslim State.

Sponsored Links
Back