What are you watching on TV right now?

Sponsored Links
Some poor bloke on the news telling the story of coping with his wife with Alzheimer’s. Filling me with tears. Terrible illness. If I were to get it, I’d rather die quickly so that my wife or my kids didn’t have to see my deterioration. :(

Some poor bloke on the news telling the story of coping with his wife with Alzheimer’s. Filling me with tears. Terrible illness. If I were to get it, I’d rather die quickly so that my wife or my kids didn’t have to see my deterioration. :(

Yep, it is devastating. A work colleague, very likeable chap, got it at 56. He was brought up here on a visit to see me, and it was horrible to see the change. He was forgetting what was happening, from one minute to the next minute, just an empty physical shell. He didn't last long after that.

Sponsored Links
Does it cover the Penninsula War or just the Battle of Waterloo?

Both, but it was more about the personalities, and their lives, than the battles. I remember us being shown the around Napoleon's massive, highly polished tomb, on a school trip.

Both, but it was more about the personalities, and their lives, than the battles. I remember us being shown the around Napoleon's massive, highly polished tomb, on a school trip.
Do you get much time for reading?
I can recommend Richard Holmes' work on The British Soldier in the Age of Horse and Musket: 'Redcoat'. Full of information of British Soldiery through the Napoleonic Wars up to the Crimean War.

Do you get much time for reading?
I can recommend Richard Holmes' work on The British Soldier in the Age of Horse and Musket: 'Redcoat'. Full of information of British Soldiery through the Napoleonic Wars up to the Crimean War.

I used to read a lot, loved it, but now not so much.

If you were to ask Quentin Tarantino to produce a show for television; get Bruce Lee, Mr T. and Uma Thurman to star in it, combine cool jazz and kung fu in a sci-fi future you'd have ten episodes of quality entertainment: Cowboy Bebop. On Netflix. Don't miss out.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back