Do you like musicals?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like some of the older ones I used to watch as a youngster, Oliver, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins etc, (probably just remembering my childhood).
Modern ones are Evita, Phantom of the Opera etc and my favourite Les Miserable'. Not seen Cats or Chess so can't give an opinion on them.

Do you watch musicals? What ones do you/have you watched and what did you think of them?

Sponsored Links
We must have seen Phantom 28x now, I lost count.

Les Mis about 4x, the first time was VERY special. The song 'Memory' from Cats will ALWAYS have a place in my heart that few people can reach.

A day out for me is a morning in the museums, followed by an afternoon in Covent Garden, followed by a West End show. I don't care if it with the missus, the daughters, the grandkids or a combination of any of the above.

I like some of the older ones I used to watch as a youngster, Oliver, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins etc, (probably just remembering my childhood).
Modern ones are Evita, Phantom of the Opera etc and my favourite Les Miserable'. Not seen Cats or Chess so can't give an opinion on them.

Do you watch musicals? What ones do you/have you watched and what did you think of them?
I’m getting Deja vu Conny. ;)

I love all those mentioned in your first sentence, as films that is, but cannot bear any of Andrew Lloyd Webber's music (however I do recognise that he has done very much to keep live theatre going and he was against lockdown, so I respect him for that).

I've never seen a live performance of anything in the genre "musical" but I have attended many ballets, operas and theatre plays, as well as music concerts of all kinds. These things are the meaning of life to me. Even pantomime! These are what the government should be lending a hand to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Favourite is Phantom.
Then Les Mis.
Then Miss Saigon.

The rest I can take or leave, especially most of the modern ones. Not saying I'm in the right, they're just not my thing. The three I mention though, love every single one of them.

I like musical films, stage musicals not so much.
Some of my favourites in no particular order are;
School of Rock.
Sound of Music.
Mary Poppins.
La la land.
West Side Story.
Rocket man.
A Star is Born.
Oliver.

Jersey Boys is a goodun. Bat out of Hell too, ****e 'plot', but the music was/is great.

Hadn't heard of bat out of hell, wouldn't mind seeing Jersey Boys, the fillum was good.

I heard a song regularly on the radio a few years back which used a 'sample' from a track called 'begging', I was quite surprised to hear it came from those boys.

It is obvious from your listed preferences that you have no appreciation of musical productions.

State reasons why Miss saigon is last on your list
PatEx ... is that you? Judging by your questions if not, I think you might at least be related to them ;)

#PuttingYouOnIgnore

I'd say No but then I enjoy
Rocky Horror
Hair
Dragon Rock (set in Kirby Muxlow, Leicestershire)

As for the rest definitely not interested

I don't mind a musical. I can sit and watch a good Bollywood film. Maybe not all the way but they do grab my attention

Mama Mia, WTF is that all about?

The girls seem to like it though.

Sponsored Links
Back