What best flooring should I use?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve been wanting to do both my bathrooms for some time now but I just haven’t decided what best flooring should I use? And I want to repaint my wall that needs to match the flooring.

Sponsored Links
Best=tiles (good quality ceramic or porcelain)

Best (aka cheap)=vinyl or "waterproof" laminate (to be replaced every couple of years)

Best is LVT - Luxury vinyl tiles. All sorts of designs. Warmer then ceramics and will last 20 plus years if done correctly.

...and the middle ground between vinyl and LVT/LVP are self adhesive vinyl planks - they (IMO!) look far better than vinyl, are cheaper than LVP, and are usually fully waterproof, where LVP tend to be water resistant - due to the reinforcing core.
Mine has been down for nearly 10 years and looks as good as new :)

Sponsored Links
...and the middle ground between vinyl and LVT/LVP are self adhesive vinyl planks - they (IMO!) look far better than vinyl, are cheaper than LVP, and are usually fully waterproof, where LVP tend to be water resistant - due to the reinforcing core.
Mine has been down for nearly 10 years and looks as good as new :)
I think the op wanted to know the "best" flooring solution for a kitchen, not the cheapest for a caravan...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back