What Boiler Should I Get.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guy's the time has come to replace the boiler I would like a combi and my water pressure at any time of the day is 25 liters a min which I think is quite good?? I have a two bedroom terrace house and I was recommended a Worcester
Greenstar 30Si I also only have 6 radiators....

Thanks for reading any help would be appreciated, I would like good hot water pressure if that is of any help in deciding what type of boiler to buy??

Adham J

Sponsored Links
I'd start by searching for the difference between pressure and flow.

Then, search the forum as this is probably the single most commonly asked question.

After that i would check the dictionary for how to spell "Adam" ;).

Sorry. ..couldn't resist. :D

Well Ok you got me with the flow and pressure difference, but the Adam bit that was just mean lol.....I only asked the question as my girlfriends uncle is doing the job and he asked for us to buy the boiler I just dont wanna pay £1000 pounds if I dont have to, I read that the type of boiler can run alot more then 6 radiators just wondering if anyone new of another boiler that would be a bit cheaper and still provide a good flow rate??

The 30Si is a good boiler and you are correct you dont need anywhere near 30KW for your radiators, the reason that combi boilers are such a high output is to heat the HW instantly, the CH load can be turned down during commissioning of the new boiler, it will all depend on your HW requirements, you will find that every installer will have a differing opinion as to which is best, you wont go wrong with the 30Si though, but there are cheaper alternatives that are just as good.

Sponsored Links
Adham is a Arabic boys name. The meaning of the name is `Of the Earth. Dark/Warm color - Earthly. Black. Strengh. Black Horse.`.

The 30Si is a good boiler and you are correct you dont need anywhere near 30KW for your radiators, the reason that combi boilers are such a high output is to heat the HW instantly, the CH load can be turned down during commissioning of the new boiler, it will all depend on your HW requirements, you will find that every installer will have a differing opinion as to which is best, you wont go wrong with the 30Si though, but there are cheaper alternatives that are just as good.

Thanks so i'm guessing it wouldn't be a waste of money if I went for that boiler then, I dont mind spending the money for the right boiler as with everyone I just want it to be right the first time round :D

well if it is the installers preferred choice I would go with it as it is a good boiler and if he is helping you out then why upset him buy suggesting a different one

I only asked the question as my girlfriends uncle is doing the job and he asked for us to buy the boiler
Is your G/F's uncle GasSafe Registered for Domestic Boiler Installations?

If he isn't he shouldn't be going the job - it's ILLEGAL. The fact that he may be doing it for nothing is irrelevant.

If he is, why doesn't he buy the boiler (he will get it cheaper than you).

If anything goes wrong with the boiler it will be up to you to get it put right. The only claim you will have is against the firm who sold you the boiler.

Who will register the installation with Building Control at the Local Council?

I only asked the question as my girlfriends uncle is doing the job

Your girlfriends uncle will probabaly be the the best person to ask because he will know your property and install an adequate boiler to suit your needs, we generally dont get boilers cheaper than anyone else.

If Uncle were Gas Reg then to get the longest warranty he would need to be Worcester registered!

In that case he would want to buy the boiler himself as they have to fit a minimum number of their boilers every year.

Tony

You may well be right Dan, but regardless it seems odd that he does not want to buy the boiler himself as he could probably get it cheaper if he was Worcester Reg and buying over 50 every year.

I am seriously wondering if he is even Gas Reg!

Tony

yet another post where an OP comes on and asks a simple question and all the Higher than mighty brigade jump in screaming Gas Safe this and gas safe that then slag them off in their next post, WHO said that the installer was not Gas safe registered ???????? have you lot never helped out a family member ?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back