What Boiler

Sponsored Links
so bigb is a pen pusher and brochure flicker. :rolleyes:

If you are so in demand bb how much did you earn last year and from which company?

Why do you infuriate so many people on here BB? I bet you is wanna newgas's chums aintcha? People come in here for advice and it always turns into a slanging match when you pop your oar in! Whats the matter with you? Wife left you again has she? Kids been popping fireworks through your letterbox? Dog wont let you stroke it? Getting eractile dysfunction? What does BROAG stand for?? GET YOURSELF A GOOD COUNSELLOR FOR CHRSTUS SAKES!! Looks like you needs one! Apologies if anyone is offended by my typing actions in this reply.

Sponsored Links
Now waiting for the obligatory nasty reply ( sanctimonious and old git do come to mind here)

Hi Everyone

Wow my post certainly caused a stir, just like to say thanks to everyone who posted.

I know a few people have suggested a combi but I do not want one and would like the install to be as easy as possible, basically change what I already have.

[Add X400 to the circulating water up to 4 weeks beforehand, this will loosen some of the old sludge and make it easier to clean. On an old system it is worth fitting a Magnaclean device as well ]
Thanks JohnD I have added the x400 and will get a magnaclean once I work out what one is lol

[Yep sounds like hole in burner or end cap retaining bolt has rotted and end cap letting gas out. If it’s a baxi good chance burner still available]
Thanks namsag I re-made the end caps on the burner and it seems to be working although I am not really happy with it so it am still looking to change it as soon as possible

[In answer to the actual question, if you’re not planning on doing much upgrading then something like a potterton suprima HE would be a decent choice. It’s not as sensitive as most Band A steamers to system imperfections]
Thanks mickyg I have found this one on eBay that comes with the flue it is the Potterton Suprima 60 HE would this be ok for a 3 bed terrace with one bath and one shower the person who is selling them has got lots for sale but the 60 seems to be cheaper than the other versions like the 30 and 40 anybody know why???
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Potterton-Sup...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Also while I am there I might as well upgrade the hot water cylinder anybody suggest a good one.
I have been doing a quick bit of research and I have a semi pumped system and was going to use the following guide to upgrade it, does this look ok? any other points I need to consider???

content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/FAQ/@Semi-gravity%20conversion.pdf

Again thanks for all your help

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
A better choice of straight forward no nonsence boiler would be an ideal classic also known as an OPTIA when bought from plumbcentre(and a hundred quid cheaper just for a badge) . It is one of the most reliable boilers ever made.
So IGNORE when people say Ideal are Shi#e as this does not refer to the classic

Would have to agree. The Optia is the only Ideal I would ever consider fitting. Got one going in in about 3 weeks time.

Excellent little (but heavy) band B boiler, still only needs one live to it and will fit inside a standard kitchen unit.

Agree on OPTIA .... plenty other heat only boilers out there... its just hit n miss what u gets....Betting on BB reading up on all IDEALS now!!!!

Why do you infuriate so many people on here BB?

Because i am better than the bathroom changers. There are few on here who know a lot.

I bet you is wanna newgas's chums aintcha? People come in here for advice and it always turns into a slanging match when you pop your oar in!

My advice is also better and more cost effective.

Apologies if anyone is offended by my typing actions in this reply.

An appalling reply.

FFS who let BB out again.
Just goes to show how un secure the NHS psychiatric units are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back