What Boiler??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to Buy a Worcester Greenstar Boiler but not sure to go for the SI or CDI. I will be looking at the 30 model of each.

What do you guys reccommend?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Si is up graded version of the junior I think, and the CDI is a slightly dumbed down version of the done they have in Germany...

Much better to go for the vaillant that don't feel the need to tamper with german engineering to get it in the british market..treat your self to compensation controller like the 470 or 392...

Don't like the worcesters myself. Over engineered and annoying.
A bit plastic these days. Shoved in by every tom dick and harry.

My preference is Atag although this depends on where you want to
fit it as it isn't a good fit among the kitchen units.
Vaillant is a quality product but quite a big boiler.

Glow worm ultracom a reasonable middle of the range boiler.

People will put me down for this but Ravenheat do some cheap boilers
with quality solid construction and the ones I see regularly seem
to keep ploughing on and on.

Sponsored Links
ultracom2 with climapro rf2. excellent kit. also excellent with the wireless outdoor sensor. the climapro senses indoor and outdoor temps and adjusts the boiler temp to suit. personally dont't like worcester bosh. the cdi aint bad yet overpriced. yet there si version is overpriced and very badly designed.

sorry mysteryman the climaprorf2 weather comp is better than the viessmann controls all day long. i fit mainly viessmann over 200+ boilers. but are turning to glowworm due to various reasons. viessmann controls seem to be the most complicated i'v ever come across. especially trying to explain them to an OAP.

I think you miss the point of the vitotronic 200 if you have to adjust it then its set up wrong...I have several OAPs with vitotronic 200s and they love the idea they don't have to tinker with them..

Really at some stage we have to ween the public off tinkering with controls with systems and let technology get on with what it is designed to do...

surely there is something wrong with heating if the system needs constant interference from the end user...

Worcester Bosch invest a lot of money on reliability; whilst I like installing Vaillants, in the last 7 years of ecoTec and CDi installations, the Vaillants have been less reliable. Sure, the later ecoTecs were better and there is more plastic in the Worcester...but we've got hundreds of each out there that were installed by us and that is my experience.

In answer to the OPs question, both are good but the CDi is better, assuming there is room for it.

Both will have a 7yr warranty if installed by a qualifying company.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back