What cable for garden lighting>

BML

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put proximity light at the end of my garden to see if I can catch a fox in it. I could run it from the garage and I wonder if I need to buy expensive armoured cable or just attack ordinary lighting cable to the garden fence.

Sponsored Links
I want to put proximity light at the end of my garden to see if I can catch a fox in it.
To what end?

I could run it from the garage and I wonder if I need to buy expensive armoured cable or just attack ordinary lighting cable to the garden fence.
Generally speaking any sort of cable just tacked to a fence is not regarded as safe.

If you live in England or Wales you should read this.

Run it in hosepipe, it'll be safe then.

WARNING: THIS IS A JOKE. DO NOT DO THIS. HOSEPIPE OFFERS ZERO PROTECTION.

Generally these things are either done in black flex or hituff. It'll be no worse than thousands of other installations up and down the country.

But youwont just catch foxes (tell em vinnie sent you), you'll have cats, rats, birds, bats setting it off.

Sponsored Links
It'll be no worse than thousands of other installations up and down the country.
Not much of a justification for advising someone to do something not reasonably safe, and possibly illegal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back